Fibre network quality fight in Gauteng

Newsfeed

MyBroadband Newsfeed
Staff member

Cool Ideas has stopped taking orders for TT Connect because of consistent network problems and poor support.

On 6 November 2018, Cool Ideas posted a message on its website saying it cannot take new orders until “TT Connect can resolve their network issues”.

czc

Honorary Master
Thats not encouraging. TT Connect are doing the fibre install in our building.

Last edited:

websquadza

WebSquad
Company Rep
What is automated OSS/BSS system ?

Automated Operational and Business Support System. These allow for automation of line provisioning, automation of billing, service allocation and service management, amongst other things. No doubt this will help them improve matters. Will wait and see.

McGuywer

Executive Member
Automated Operational and Business Support System. These allow for automation of line provisioning, automation of billing, service allocation and service management, amongst other things. No doubt this will help them improve matters. Will wait and see.
Thank you, any open source ones available?

BluStorm

The problem with fibre is, you RARELY get a choice of providers. Most providers will only enter an area, if there is no other fibre there already, so you end up with 1 Fibre provider with (depending on the fibre provider) a choice of ISPs.

I've got 3 other fibre providers active / rolling out within spitting distance of my house.
Telkom/OpenServe exchange literally down the road from me, but they have no plans to roll out Fibre to my area.
Vumatel are doing areas around mine, but again, no plans for my area.
Evotel only seems to roll out in complexes, but I live in standalone house.

I really hope they do get their issues sorted, otherwise it's the customer who gets left stranded.

Swa

Honorary Master
TT Connect quality too poor, Vumatel too expensive. Good grief.

BluStorm

TT Connect quality too poor, Vumatel too expensive. Good grief.
I'd rather pay the extra for Vumatel, as I'm now paying for SLOW ADSL backup, in the event that TT Connect doesn't work.

Bernie

Expert Member
Not good news. As far as I know TT Connect are the only ones that have put any fiber in our street. Still to all be connected up, but was looking forward to some fiber, but not with these issues on the go.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Oh dear. TT Connect are in my area and they are the ones who installed the fibre to my house. I have experienced minor difficulties with them but nothing too major... So far...

jbassonjnr

I live in Benoni, we were lucky to have 2 fiber installations by us. Openserve as well as Vumatel. Personally we on a 100mb Openserve package through Afrihost. We have NEVER had any downtime, their service is brilliant and so is the infrastructure. I know many many people in the Benoni area using TT Connect, different ISP, but every single one I know has an issue with TT Connect, they are rubbish, shitty service, shitty attitudes, stay away people!!!

ekske1

Executive Member

Cool Ideas has stopped taking orders for TT Connect because of consistent network problems and poor support.

On 6 November 2018, Cool Ideas posted a message on its website saying it cannot take new orders until “TT Connect can resolve their network issues”.
Oh wow. This makes an article but Openserv VS Evonet VS Crystweb doesnt...

Last edited:

freematrix

TT Connect need to pull their head out their backsides. Peter Jeffrey, suck it brother. Your network is absolutely the worst out there. Down time is ridiculous. Call centre is a joke. Social media is not existent because you are scared to have one.
Cool ideas. Its your fault for supporting scumbags like this and keeping them in existence.

roughiain

Just moved from them to Openserve via CoolIdeas. Companies can take lessons from TT Connect on how not treat customers. SA Fibre had a court case against them that somehow got chucked out of court.

The network hygiene in the boxes is worse than a public toilet at a music festival. Fly leads everywhere. No wonder they have to plug and unplug to find out which port a customer is on. Sure they have had a number of fly leads cut by the hinges to the boxes.

Swa

Honorary Master
And in other headlines: "TT Connect for sale"

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
They are gonna do the same thing to SA Digital Villages pretty soon.

ponder

Honorary Master
Not good news. As far as I know TT Connect are the only ones that have put any fiber in our street. Still to all be connected up, but was looking forward to some fiber, but not with these issues on the go.

If you cant perform get the fsck out, there's no point in CI using them if they are just gonna pull their customers into the mud, you're just opening yourself up for ****. Not worth it.