Fibre price war - before and after the Covid-19 lockdown

KleinBoontjie

Honorary Master
Seems that all the expensive and kak ones, drives NP200 bakkies. My provider is cheaper and better, but drives Ranger bakkies.

Nereus77

Bruh Axxess has a special on MetroFibre 25Mbps for R395.
Makes me want to cancel and resubscribe to get R300 off monthly :ROFL:

PHeX

Has anyone had of Waya Waya FNO? Is it open access network or closed? Because their website is dull and they are busy laying fibre in my town.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

Chris Rixon

Afrihost ,Vumatel have got me because we can't get the others packages in our area. Southern suburbs Cape Town. 20/10. R727.00. Take it or leave it... sucks. It's done on purpose so that there's no competition...I feel.

Ragnarök

Expert Member
Life in the platteland , if you know the local ISP guys , special price :)
R1000 p/m

2022-04-21 18 58 51.png

• Love

coolito

Try Linteg fibre. Prices are rediculous and customer service is non-existend. "We will call you" and nothing happens. Dont think they want my money. Dealing with Openserv takes 1day and your fibre is installed and immediately activated.

• Love

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Wtf 10mb fibre line for R400?!
That's just wrong
How so? There's a minimum cost to deliver/supply, costs don't change that much if it's 10 or 100Mbps, just switches at the end and higher potential burst (but won't really be that much different as people won't really change consumption habits at that speed as already fast enough that e.g. YT will default to high).

My opinion is that a package under 50Mbps shouldn't exist.

Thor

Honorary Master
No competition so why would Vumatel charge less, who else you going to use?

Thor

Honorary Master
How so? There's a minimum cost to deliver/supply, costs don't change that much if it's 10 or 100Mbps, just switches at the end and higher potential burst (but won't really be that much different as people won't really change consumption habits at that speed as already fast enough that e.g. YT will default to high).

My opinion is that a package under 50Mbps shouldn't exist.
Fully agree, fiber should start where VDSL ended.