Fibre saga results in ANC councillor's home being set on fire

Little Mac

Honorary Master
Buitendacht was granted bail early last week after his arrest for malicious damage to property. He allegedly took down some of the poles for the aerial fibre installation.

So he was arrested for malicious damage to property but wants you to believe the fibre provider is at fault... if I were his insurance provider, I'd dig a bit on this one.

Gazg

Buitendacht was granted bail early last week after his arrest for malicious damage to property. He allegedly took down some of the poles for the aerial fibre installation.

So he was arrested for malicious damage to property but wants you to believe the fibre provider is at fault... if I were his insurance provider, I'd dig a bit on this one.
Law unto himself.............oh wait, he's from the ANC.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master

Insurance? He's a politician, we will pay one way or another...

MickeyDangerez

This is cancel culture in action. Same thing happened in my town. Meanwhile there is Telkom poles already which doesn't seem to devalue the property.

Tomorrow the same people cry after forcing to get rain lol. Fml

tm458

This is cancel culture in action. Same thing happened in my town. Meanwhile there is Telkom poles already which doesn't seem to devalue the property.

Same thing happened in my town as well and it delayed the fibre rollout by a year before they could start planning again and moving to trenching the town, I really don't understand these type of people that just want to make everything so difficult

Norrad

Expert Member

Same thing happened in my town as well and it delayed the fibre rollout by a year before they could start planning again and moving to trenching the town, I really don't understand these type of people that just want to make everything so difficult
I wonder if we are all in the same town :ROFL: They started laying the fibre cables in trenches and put poles in all over town until some ANC councillor realized that the wrong person in his office had signed off on it.

system32

Expert Member
Aerial? Telkom? They can bring it here.
Is it OpenServe? I don't have access to the CityPress article.

The councillor believes the majority of community members disagree with the contractor’s decision to ignore the outcome of their vote [ installed aerially or underground ]
I don't thing it works like that.
The FNO asks the ANC council for approval to install aerial fibre.
The ANC council and councillor Buitendacht approved the Aerial wayleaves.
Now they blaming the FNO.
Councillor Buitendacht should have consulted the residents first before approving the Aerial wayleaves.