FIFA World Cup - Russia 2018

rietrot

Executive Member
Well Saudi Arabia looked really shît if Russia were a bit more aggressive on the counter attacks and when they got close to the goal it could have been 10-0

rietrot

Executive Member
So i missed the opening ceremony. Worth watching?
Just that Robbie Williams performed already makes me think it's not worth it?

McT

The Humble Scot!
Well Saudi Arabia looked really shît if Russia were a bit more aggressive on the counter attacks and when they got close to the goal it could have been 10-0
Watched a bit of a warm-up game recently with Saudis and they looked woeful in that one. Seems they maintained that into this opener.

So i missed the opening ceremony. Worth watching?
Just that Robbie Williams performed already makes me think it's not worth it?
He ^ was possibly the worst performer to choose. But tis Russia we are talking of.

Opening Ceremony was so boring, Brazil and South Africa did a way better ceremony.
Easily.

Whright

thestaggy

Honorary Master
The two worst teams at the tournament were always going to give us a terrible game. Russia weren't even good, the Saudis were just awful.

Telling stats for the Saudis was their possession and distance traveled. So much ball, so little movement. Basically stood around and passed the ball while the Russians intercepted it once in a while and scored.

akescpt

Honorary Master
both these teams gonna have a tough time in this group after seeing that game.

mind you, will have a better take after that Egypt and Uruguay game.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I had completely forgotten about Robbie Williams until yesterday, as I guess most of the world had, so smart way to get back in the headlines.

Azg

Expert Member
both these teams gonna have a tough time in this group after seeing that game.

mind you, will have a better take after that Egypt and Uruguay game.
Agreed. But Egypt and Uruguay are not that great either (despite Mo Salah and Suarez). It's an open group (rigged in favour of Russia?)

Last edited:

Rubberpigg

Expert Member
Russia v Saudi Arabia match highlights.

[video=youtube;SDY1N-IJOA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDY1N-IJOA8[/video]

akescpt

Honorary Master
Agreed. But Egypt and Uruguay are not that great either (despite Mo Salah and Suarez). It's a open group (rigged in favour of Russia?)
They could not have gotten easier. Maybe some questionable refereeing to follow. Who knows.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
British pop star Robbie Williams caused a stir during his performance at the World Cup opening ceremony in Moscow on Thursday by making an obscene gesture to a camera.

The former Take That frontman raised his middle finger at the end of his performance at the Luzhniki Stadium after appearing to mouth the words "I did this for free".
Ok

:wtf: