LCBXX

Honorary Master
Implement vaccine passports tomorrow. Implement it so harshly draconian that you cannot do anything public, unless you present your vaccine passport.

Do it, if only to see it being hastily withdrawn 2 weeks later as "experts" and politicians backpedal.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
How much for someone to email a screenshot of a vaccinated qr code?
Yeah this system is flawless/incorruptible.

The "vaccine passport" app in the Netherlands detects if you are taking a screenshot and disables yours for three minutes after. It's also only seen as valid from the app so unless the guy scanning doesn't enforce you can't really share.

Corelli

Expert Member
Im anti-Dawie. Of all the things he has said, this is totally the dumbest. Honestly you get the Darwin award.

To be honest, whats the difference if there is a vaccine passport or not. It's just a digital version. The malls can already ask you to show your card for entry, but this is easier for most. Especially when you travel.

I know of many many countries that wont let you enter public places if you havent been fully vaccinated. Let alone go travel there.

So its perfectly fine you dont want to get vaccinated, but then kindly go shop elsewhere. Or go on holiday elsewhere. You already cant tell the Europeans you want to go holiday without a vaccine. They will tell you to shove your complaint where the sun dont shine. And the longer the anti-vaccers keep up, the easier for this virus to mutate more.

You have a choice if you want to be vaccinated or not. If you dont, you have to live with the decision. Be it higher risk of dieing and ending up in hospital.

I am shocked that most medical aids havent hiked up pricing for unvaccinated as yet.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Can we all agree the vaccinated don't need to wear masks anymore?

That should be a big encouragement for the people on the fence...
That "science" is 8 months old and "changed".
That said, it was was foundation of the vaccine passport concept.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
And how many of those are fatties?
8/10.

For the cvnts falling over themselves to ask "BS, how do you know???!!!!".
Facebook posts of Covid PAX in hospital. 8/10 is a very conservative estimate, judging by Facebook.

Yup, corporates:

in one breath: "we still need to wear masks because vaccinated people can still transmit the virus"

In the next "we are forcing employees to get vaccinated to reduce transmission".

I'm surprised there aren't more people complaining about masks.

Sapphiron

Expert Member
I still don't understand why if you're just as infectious.

Because you are less infectious.

Symptoms and viral loads are lower with the vaccinated. You can still spread it, you should still wear a mask in public.

If enough people do both for long enough, the R0 drops below 1.0 and the pandemic is over.

hj007

Expert Member
The "vaccine passport" app in the Netherlands detects if you are taking a screenshot and disables yours for three minutes after. It's also only seen as valid from the app so unless the guy scanning doesn't enforce you can't really share.
Sure I also think most folks in the Netherlands don't have fraudulent IDs, drivers licenses, number plates, generally law-abiding and security/scanner will probably be trained to scan the correct app.

I'm not so sure of the same outcome in SA where Home Affairs cannot even tell you which queue to stand in.

Sapphiron

Expert Member
Yup, corporates:

in one breath: "we still need to wear masks because vaccinated people can still transmit the virus"

In the next "we are forcing employees to get vaccinated to reduce transmission".

I'm surprised there aren't more people complaining about masks.

That's because both those statements are true.

But make no mistake, corporates are very keen to curtain the new freedoms employees got when working from home. I am sure that is the primary driver for many of them.