konfab

Honorary Master
Many people that I know of (relatives of colleagues mainly) changed their minds once someone in their family died due to Covid. I hope it is not the case of waiting someone to die of covid in this case.

I had to twist my mom's arm to get her to get the first shot (The retarded government SMS system didn't help, they wanted her to go to some town hall 20km away in a dodgy area, but I booked it for her via Discovery). Then once my little brother got it and was down for a day, she now wants everyone to get it.

The centrally planned rollout of vaccines in this country is an absolute travesty, and is exactly what I expected would happen.

semaphore

Honorary Master

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Would that be the people who want to continue with masks and physical distancing even after everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been?
I've actually gotten comfortable with masks and social distancing in public. No more awkward handshakes and random people standing too close in shops.

Nanfeishen

Executive Member
Its a card not a passport but can you imagine the outrage if this is implemented in SA?

It appears to be in line with the WHO's guidelines of technical specifications and implementation of Digital Covid passports.

"A digital vaccination certificate that documents a person’s current vaccination status to protect against COVID-19 can then be used for continuity of care or as proof of vaccination for purposes other than health care."

Its also meant for use in innoculation campaigns and future mass vaccination events, as well as a method to monitor what is termed continuity of care , i.e. booster shots, yearly flu vaccines etc , the idea is for it to carry an individuals entire immunization history from birth to death in electronic form that can be accessed by interested parties when required. Basically a life long record of vaccination identification.

I.E. some of the metadata info required

Unique ID for the vaccinated person, according to the policies applicable to each country. There can be more
than one unique ID used to link records (e.g. national ID, health ID, immunization information system ID, medical record ID).
Vaccine or prophylaxis- Generic description of the vaccine or vaccine sub-type (e.g. COVID-19 mRNA vaccine,
HPV vaccine).
Disease or agent targeted --Name of disease that vaccine given to protect against (such as COVID-19).
Due Date of next dose - Date on which the next vaccination should be administered, if a second dose is required