Fighting tax abuse in South Africa

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Seeing as zuma is getting away with a R264000000 theft of Nkandla is he going to pay "perks" tax on it?

FNfal

Executive Member
This is good news , hopefully a few private prosecutions on the horizon .

krycor

Honorary Master
Good luck.. Though I think they will not a lot of luck to make a difference in the corrupt society we live in.

TJ99

Honorary Master
Oh yeah sure, don't defeat your existing enemy before attacking a new one. Dividing your attention and resources is ALWAYS a good thing :whistling:

Swa

Honorary Master
Oh yeah sure, don't defeat your existing enemy before attacking a new one. Dividing your attention and resources is ALWAYS a good thing :whistling:
WOT? You mean everyone is paying their e-toll?

TJ99

Honorary Master
WOT? You mean everyone is paying their e-toll?
No, but the system still exists. People not paying would be the case regardless of outas being there or not. Their goal is to get the system scrapped. Once the gantries are used to build cheap braais, then they can move on to the next target.

Swa

Honorary Master
No, but the system still exists. People not paying would be the case regardless of outas being there or not. Their goal is to get the system scrapped. Once the gantries are used to build cheap braais, then they can move on to the next target.
Errr... the system has collapsed... a long time ago. The ANC is just too out of touch with reality to admit it. I want the gantries to stay there as a sign of what it is the "people" of Gauteng voted for.

Sodan

Expert Member

I'm not sure I agree with that statement. Outa has done an excellent job in dispelling the disinformation deliberately spread by SANRAL. Without their actions, I believe there would have been many more people succumbing to the propaganda spewed forth by SANRAL.

Outa cannot get the system scrapped. They can only (and they're succeeding beautifully at this!) return to government the big ball of poo they (government) are trying to dump on Joe Public. The system will only be scrapped once government wakes and smells... it.

I am proud to be making financial contributions to Outa's coffers, even if it is only a tiny monthly amount. They're doing good work, and I'd hate to see them disbanded, or any less effective, for lack of finance.

Mila

Honorary Master

I do not agree, if we didn't have OUTA to reassure us and give us the legal advice, many people would have been scared and started paying. Most people I know I would not have been able to convince to not join if I couldn't send them the outa info that are explained for the everyday guy.

They have stopped SANRAL and have opened the public's eyes. We now know that if we have a place ( most people wants to stop paying PAYE, but that isn't something we have a hold on ) to stop the ANC OUTA will help.

Last edited:

TJ99

Honorary Master
Really, you all stopped because of Outa? Good for them then, I was never going to pay for that scam, and neither was anyone I know, before they even existed.

Sodan

Expert Member
Really, you all stopped because of Outa? Good for them then, I was never going to pay for that scam, and neither was anyone I know, before they even existed.

I am happy for you that you did not need Outa to inform you of the legalities of the e-toll system. However, keep in mind that not everyone is as informed about this as you. Some of us (myself included, even though I don't live in Gauteng anymore - moved out just before e-tolling started) do need a third party to do the research on our behalf, and evaluate SANRAL's actions and expose their lies and despicable tactics for what it is.

So while I am glad that you did not need them (in this respect I am happy to acknowledge that you are better than me), realize that there are many of us who do, in fact, need them.

agel

This is something I'd (and am going to) gladly get behind. I supported and donated towards their eToll campaign even tho I live in KZN, amped that they're including stuff like this in their focus now - maybe they should make a new Political Party while they're at it haha (no sarcy). If they can get enough things to change on their own, and/or start a Tax revolt, then they could go all the way to the top haha.

HBee

Expert Member
Great, but tomorrow they will be accused of driving a white agenda and pretty much loose all their teeth.

SigmaZ

I don't think they will lose any focus or power even if they are accused of pushing a "white agenda". Outa operate in the civil courts and not the court of public opinion. Racial smokescreens aren't going to sway their backers since it seems their backers are clever enough to realise that corruption exists. The lobbyists that spew their propaganda on "white agendas" will fall only on the ears of the imbeciles that walk around with their eyes turned in thinking the government is infallible.

Great, but tomorrow they will be accused of driving a white agenda and pretty much loose all their teeth.

TJ99

Honorary Master
I am happy for you that you did not need Outa to inform you of the legalities of the e-toll system. However, keep in mind that not everyone is as informed about this as you. Some of us (myself included, even though I don't live in Gauteng anymore - moved out just before e-tolling started) do need a third party to do the research on our behalf, and evaluate SANRAL's actions and expose their lies and despicable tactics for what it is.

So while I am glad that you did not need them (in this respect I am happy to acknowledge that you are better than me), realize that there are many of us who do, in fact, need them.

I don't disagree with anything they do/did. All I said was the fight isn't over. As in:
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...l-for-22-years-report?p=16974389#post16974389

Swa

Honorary Master
I don't disagree with anything they do/did. All I said was the fight isn't over. As in:
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...l-for-22-years-report?p=16974389#post16974389
No you made two statements, that their enemy isn't defeated and that people not paying would happen even without Outa.
#1 is inaccurate as the tolls has failed. Sanral is now trying a public misinformation campaign in order to get people to pay willingly as they don't have any legal or practical way to force anyone.
#2 is shifting the goalposts from them not being defeated to Outa not being responsible for defeating them. Which is also not true as many more people would have succumbed to Sanral's bullying tactics without them dispelling the misinformation.
Are you prepared to now say you were wrong on both points?