Filmmaker blows whistle on Ster-Kinekor staff taking bribes to let people into movies

Valerion

Expert Member
Good. Corruption and bribery in any form should be stamped out. If their salaries are too low, that's a different issue and they can take it up with SK management.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
One person posted a picture of a man being necklaced (having a tyre placed around their neck, which is then filled with fuel and set alight).
The hell is Winnie Mandela doing on twitter?

ttygt

We don "sneak" in.
We sail in - on our Pirate Ship, the SSDownloadthelatestmoviesafterhavingseentheweeklylistofmostpiratedmoviesrighthereonmybroadband.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
We don "sneak" in.
We sail in - on our Pirate Ship, the SSDownloadthelatestmoviesafterhavingseentheweeklylistofmostpiratedmoviesrighthereonmybroadband.
Just no. Rather just check what's trending on the site(s), it's quicker.

WaxLyrical

Honorary Master
I would gladly pay a bribe to get my refreshments at a reasonable price, because the snacks I'm sneaking is also against the SK law.

grok

Honorary Master
Good. Corruption and bribery in any form should be stamped out. If their salaries are too low, that's a different issue and they can take it up with SK management.
It should, but have you read the people's reaction? They clearly don't see stealing in the same light that you do..

Last edited:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Jesus is this filmmaker new? This has been happening for YEARS and is common almost everywhere, even internationally.

Odds are that he also did this as a youngster but since becoming someone dependent on income generated from paying movie-goers suddenly needs this practice to be stamped out.

Last edited:

bavmorda

Went to watch Arrival few weeks ago with a friend. We could have pass through easily. No one cared. We kind of had to force them to sell us tickets. Just plenty of baboons not doing much. If their salaries are low, why they don't just fire half of them. Maybe the other half will start doing their jobs and money will be better to, instead of asking for bribes. Must say no one asked to pay them illegally. This was in Bedford Center.

upup

Executive Member
Went to watch Arrival few weeks ago with a friend. We could have pass through easily. No one cared. We kind of had to force them to sell us tickets. Just plenty of baboons not doing much. If their salaries are low, why they don't just fire half of them. Maybe the other half will start doing their jobs and money will be better to, instead of asking for bribes. Must say no one asked to pay them illegally. This was in Bedford Center.
You went to the Zoo.

R13...

Honorary Master
The first time I watched a movie at SK they had these heavies come in after everyone had settled checking ticket stubs. That was in south gate

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Jesus is this filmmaker new? This has been happening for YEARS and is common almost everywhere, even internationally.

Odds are that he also did this as a youngster but since becoming someone dependent on income generated from paying movie-goers suddenly needs this practice to be stamped out.
I've never even contemplated such... damn, and people even send death threats...

rietrot

Honorary Master
Another person begging to be famous.

rietrot

Honorary Master
I normally only sneek in a cool drink, didn't know that this was an option.

klipdrifter

You know what is strange, people are actually attacking the guy for reporting an crime... What happened to our society that we defend crime so easy? Eish

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Way back in the day my wife and I would sneak in cooldrink and snacks. We would remove all the crinkly papers etc before the time, and put everything in plastic baggies, then into her handbag :D

:whistling:

LCBXX

Honorary Master
You know what is strange, people are actually attacking the guy for reporting an crime... What happened to our society that we defend crime so easy? Eish
The crime here is victim-less, no?