Filthy train station has been cleaned … but not by PRASA

schumi

Honorary Master
De Mist station in Uitenhage, which was waist-high in weeds, has been cleaned — but not by the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA). After GroundUp published pictures of the filthy station, members of the political party Freedom Front Plus cleaned it up.

The station is one of 11 on the way to Port Elizabeth most of which have been ruined by vandalism and neglected by PRASA. In some stations toilets are broken, and taps, basins, toilet seats, bulbs, doors and even ticket machines have been stolen or vandalised.

“Volunteers from a political party came and cleaned the station, not our bosses at PRASA,” said one PRASA worker at De Mist. “Volunteers were wearing T-shirts written FF Plus. They were dominated by elderly people. They carried spades, forks, grass cutting machines and a lot of rubbish plastic bags.” she said.

More at: https://www.groundup.org.za/article/filthy-train-station-has-been-cleaned-but-not-by-prasa/

Hemps

Honorary Master
I often see the DA do cleanups in parts of East London as well especially by the rivers.

Never seen ANC or EFF do anything even remotely similar.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
This happens from time to time across all parts of the country and isn't always associated with a political party. People get fed up with the decay and decide to get together and sort it out, even if temporarily.

Beach cleanups, river cleanups, green space cleanups (though this one is usually neighbourhood watches for safety reasons)

ForceFate

Honorary Master
This happens from time to time across all parts of the country and isn't always associated with a political party. People get fed up with the decay and decide to get together and sort it out, even if temporarily.

Beach cleanups, river cleanups, green space cleanups (though this one is usually neighbourhood watches for safety reasons)
In my ward, it's often CPF that arranges for cleanups and cutting of tall grass.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I often see the DA do cleanups in parts of East London as well especially by the rivers.

ToxicBunny

I think this is due to the visibility and also due to the wards where they want to make an impact...

So it applies to the DA/ANC/FF/EFF etc.. they will undertake these sorts of actions in areas where they want to be visible to retain voter share or where things are borderline and gain the minimal voter share they need.
So many of us will never see the ANC or the EFF undertake these sorts of things because we are not in the areas that are their target voter base for now.

TheChamp

Honorary Master
True, good deeds are always welcomed, despite the agendas behind them, it sets a good example.

itareaninotanl

Expert Member

There was that video at uni where the EFF (black students) continually threw garbage out of the bin, and the white student kept putting it back.

Does that count?

ToxicBunny

True, good deeds are always welcomed, despite the agendas behind them, it sets a good example.

100% on this front. I actually have zero issue with whoever decides to come into my neighbourhood (or another area) to do a cleanup and such if its needed. I will welcome it.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict

Want to take bets on the likelihood of them claiming responsibility, come election time?