Final Fantasy 14 - SA community

Brenz

Hi all

I am posting this to see if anyone here is playing FF14.
I would like to play with other South Africans, so want to see if they are around and what servers they play on.

Please reply if you are an active player.

I play on Chaos - Ragnarok.

Endev8003

I'm playing on Odin / Light. Just busy catching up on gear and preparing for Shadowbringers.

There is/was an SA guild called Grim Wolves. They play multiple MMO's though and their FFXIV guilds doesn't look active at the moment. They started on Moogle and moved to Phoenix, so there are almost empty guilds on both servers.

They do have a Facebook page, so you can try to contact them to see if they are returning for the new expansion.

I don't know any other SA guilds or players though.

TeraNova

Are there any SA gamers left that plays FF 14. I started playing the trail and want to buy the game. The subscription is a concern seeing im used to free to play mmorpg's.

Enigmo

You have till the end of heavensward which is A LOT of content... see how that goes and decide. Unfortunately unlike WoW you cant use in game currency for the subscription, so if money is a concern you will probably have to lay off once you're done with the trial. If you're worried about the content and quality you're going to be getting, then its definitely worth it.

InternetSwag

Expert Member
I'm getting 174ms on fiber from Jhb.

From what I remember, ADSL used to be around 200 to 230.
What realm? I have the trial downloaded but when I hover over the wifi logo its like 22 local 900 global or whatever is called. Sending/Receiving.

Im in CPT with mweb fiber 100/100

Endev8003

What realm? I have the trial downloaded but when I hover over the wifi logo its like 22 local 900 global or whatever is called. Sending/Receiving.

Im in CPT with mweb fiber 100/100
Both EU data centers are in the same location, so that shouldn't matter.

The wifi icon doesn't indicate latency. It's the number of packets sent and received. There isn't an ingame latency indicator AFAIK.

I check my latency by running a ping in a command prompt. The command I use is "ping 195.82.50.60 -t". It will run a continues ping to the one server. I'm not sure if all servers have the same IP address, but that one will be for the Odin server if it matters.

InternetSwag

Expert Member
Both EU data centers are in the same location, so that shouldn't matter.

The wifi icon doesn't indicate latency. It's the number of packets sent and received. There isn't an ingame latency indicator AFAIK.

I check my latency by running a ping in a command prompt. The command I use is "ping 195.82.50.60 -t". It will run a continues ping to the one server. I'm not sure if all servers have the same IP address, but that one will be for the Odin server if it matters.
Awesome stuff I'm going to try this now. Thank you

187 ms

Last edited:

Kyuzo

You guys Phoenix is very active with SA players. If we all move over that can make life a lot easier.
Here is the discord