Finance Minister Tito Mboweni rubbishes Tokyo Sexwale's claims about 'stolen billions'

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Read: So, Tokyo would have no input nor influence with members of the NEC at all then?

Silly question. Can you blame the bank for your behaviour at a party because they mortgage your house?
Tokyo's influence has waned over the years, as demonstrated by his looney presser. He's now being drawn in to challenge for the presidency. Did you hear how he showered the former guy with flattery?

It's not a silly question. I'm drawing parallels. So no, bank-client relationship is strictly a business relationship. It's not the same.

zulucat

Expert Member
Tokyo probably suffers dementia - the press conference yesterday was the most incoherent, improbable BS I've heard this month...

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Tokyo probably suffers dementia - the press conference yesterday was the most incoherent, improbable BS I've heard this month...
It was painful to watch, I initially thought it was just a political campaign but watching him yesterday and also looking at the news reports coming out it really looks like the guy has been scammed, his statement about getting some percentage if he convinced the government to take the Spiritual White Boy's money might imply that he could have put his own money in hoping for big returns.

Last edited:

KSM93

Tokyo is right, billions have been looted, 500 billion was looted just last year and it is well known that South Africa suffers from illicit financial flows.

Little Mac

Honorary Master

Little Mac

Honorary Master
This guy describes a classic 419 type scam. I wonder if he paid the "forex clearance fees".
So question about Tokyo's big interest in this 'fund' - has he paid the processing fees to this emperor and is now wondering if the reserve bank has fleeced him?

TheChamp

Honorary Master
"Sexwale said he had not been paid his fees yet, but had been promised "a percentage" of the trillions of rands he was working to recover."
ISWYDTTS
It would have been better had he just rendered his services and not get his dues, what they should have asked him is how much of his own money had he invested in this project.

We Love Bass

People will still vote for these f***ers, I dont know if its hypnosis or stupidity or amnesia.