finding a tenant for a property

mrmrrza

I am sure there are other resources but once you register and have their permission, you can do a credit check - about a hundred bucks:

And then you can also buy a lease template:

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
Agree with @beefymoocow above. Use an agent especially if you are going to be far away from the property.
Negotiate with the agents on fees and value adds.
Right now people credit scores are shot and getting a "good" tenant is difficult.

Agents are useless.

When I still had a place to rent out, they charged something like an 8% finders fee, for the first year's rent. They struggled for 2 months to find a tenant. I placed an ad on Private Property and found a bunch of people who came to view the place on a single evening.
When they moved out, they actually placed a gumtree ad for me, and had 10 people come to view in a single night.

Then there's the management fee if they manage it. 7% or something to send the bill. It took me 5 min to do every month.
If the tenants don't pay? Well, then they will write a couple of strongly worded letters. If that doesn't work, you're on your own.

I somehow chatted with the complex maintenance trustee guy, who also has a handyman business. The tenant calls him with problems, he fixes and sends me the bill. Worked great.
I also asked for bank statements and did the reference check myself. I guess I was lucky, but had great tenants both times.

When I was still a tenant, over the course of 4 years we had 0 inspections done.
Then they made excuses on why to keep the deposit, after they didn't do an exit inspection. They also tried to charge us for the next tenant's W&L.

Rental agents can suck my balls.