Fire at Kendal Power station damaging 1 unit and tripping 2 others

Lupus

Honorary Master

So with Medupi unit 1 down, this one having 3 down and not sure what else is down, we've lost 6GW maybe 8GW of capacity since August 3rd.
The only saving grace is we're going into Spring where demand hovers around 29Gw and weekends it can go to 27GW.
Anymore units lost will cause load shedding, not sure how long it takes to bring unit 2 and 3 online as that will be 1300MW on the grid. They also don't mention any other units that are down.

krugeran

So with Medupi unit 1 down, this one having 3 down and not sure what else is down, we've lost 6GW maybe 8GW of capacity since August 3rd.
The only saving grace is we're going into Spring where demand hovers around 29Gw and weekends it can go to 27GW.
Anymore units lost will cause load shedding, not sure how long it takes to bring unit 2 and 3 online as that will be 1300MW on the grid. They also don't mention any other units that are down.
Read the Eskom press release- Unit 1 to return to service some time next week. Not sure how you get to 6GW down ?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Read the Eskom press release- Unit 1 to return to service some time next week. Not sure how you get to 6GW down ?
Koeberg us also a unit down from week a or so ago, not sure if it is online yet. Yes the same unit they did maintaince on for months.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Perhaps learn to read... Notice I said since August 3rd we've lost 6GW.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Generator fixed and purrs only like a generator can

PaulMurkin

My fancy inverter is reporting voltage droop and frequency slip already, so my gut feel is we will be in Stage 2 by tonight

Lupus

Honorary Master
My fancy inverter is reporting voltage droop and frequency slip already, so my gut feel is we will be in Stage 2 by tonight
Mine has been doing that for awhile now? But I'm sitting steady at 230, your local grid could be experiencing issues. I've sadly had my inverter and my SONOFF tell me 235 for a long time and then bam load shedding.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Ok so apparently the units will be brought on earlier this week and unit 1 will only be brought online in November. Luckily this happened nearing our lower demand cycle, otherwise it definitely would've caused load shedding.