Firearm draft Amendment bill, Leaked to Martin Hood, This is what they want to present to parliament.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Right so it will be unacceptable for SAPS or security companies to use firearms because its illegal and not acceptable to use a firearm to protect others or others property
Ain't going to happen easily

Milano

Honorary Master
Right so it will be unacceptable for SAPS or security companies to use firearms because its illegal and not acceptable to use a firearm to protect others or others property
Ain't going to happen easily
Should at the very least be entertaining to watch a group of London-style-bobbies confronting a gang of AK47 wielding CIT thugs while armed with only batons and whistles.

Just came back from purchasing my Norinco Type 56 (AK47 semi auto).

After reading this yesterday I knew I had to do it now rather than later...

eg2505

Honorary Master

did you bury it in the back yard? ready for when they try to expropriate your place?

Matt_D

If they reject the application make sure to appeal it and you'll probably get the licence

They apparently reject quite a few, but the appeals usually give you the licence. Just handed in an app for a galil sar myself.
Nice purchase!
Yea, there have been applications where they are rejected not on merit but just because. And then one needs to appeal. I have been lucky to have been assisted by wonderful staff in the SAPS. So hopefully all goes smooth again :)

Whiskers81

Expert Member
Nice purchase!
Yea, there have been applications where they are rejected not on merit but just because. And then one needs to appeal. I have been lucky to have been assisted by wonderful staff in the SAPS. So hopefully all goes smooth again :)
It is actually funny, guys that belong to clubs with dedicated sport shooting status has their applications denied, stating insuffucient motivation. It seems that it is a problem across all types of Semi-Automatic rifle applications.

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
Yea I will. I can't see it being denied, but one never knows :)
I collected my 1 license last week and the DFO said he cant remember the last time someone's semi auto was approved. He said they just flat out deny deny deny.

The most ridiculous reason was a second hand AR15 with FDE buttstock and rail was denied because the rifle should be black...