Firefox 6 (and 7) are nearly ready to launch

D

Deleted member 78630

Glad to hear that they will be releasing useful and noticeable improvements.

Alchemist

Expert Member
Really wasn't impressed by FF4, and with the announcement that there was very little change with FF5, decided to give Chrome a shot... best decision I made.

I was really reluctant to switch to Chrome, but after seeing that most of the extensions I use in Firefox are available for Chrome I decided to give it a go. I've also noticed Chrome is a lot quicker and more responsive than FF.

Last edited:

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Neh...will stick to Opera. Best browser for me...and was very surprized last night when I saw it handles Sars Efiling very well on Linux Mint.

bxm

Really wasn't impressed by FF4, and with the announcement that there was very little change with FF5, decided to give Chrome a shot... best decision I made.

I was really reluctant to switch to Chrome, but after seeing that most of the extensions I use in Firefox are available from Chrome I decided to give it a go. I've also noticed Chrome is a lot quicker and more responsive than FF.

+1

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Chrome is fast and love the simplistic look. No one can beat it in that regard.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
I really hope that 6 & 7 will add value. For me there was no noticeable difference between 4 & 5.

cpu.

Executive Member
WTF are all the Chrome users doing here, bugger off.:D

devilfp

Opera is NR1! Firefox must rather work on 1 complete version instead of 2\3 different ones.

Tpex

Teh Cyber Ninja
I wish FF would stop this BS, its really putting me off

ingeon

I see they`re into number crunching now.
What a waste if you ask me, to me it appears they`re no longer
doing the 4.1.1, 4.1.2 but skipping to v5, v6, v7. Stoopid if you ask me :wtf:
Is this some desperate attempt to get market share or what am I missing...

Isengard

I've moved over to Chrome myself, but still keep old faithful (Firefox) around for those 'just in case' scenarios. The memory optimisation interests me. Now if they could just get it to start up as fast as Chrome. :)

BGE

Expert Member
Wonder if Microsoft has shares in Mozilla? That would explain the new major release with very little change under the hood!

Fishzn

I was really reluctant to switch to Chrome, but after seeing that most of the extensions I use in Firefox are available from Chrome I decided to give it a go. I've also noticed Chrome is a lot quicker and more responsive than FF.

Yep same here - been a firefox man for years! Had all of the big four browsers on my pc but never used any other than firefox except for development. But then I decided to give Chrome a go due to the 2 sec start up time and cannot switch back to Firefox. All my extensions except for videodownloadhelper are there. Will stick with Chrome until Firefox get their startup times to equate.