First case of monkeypox recorded in SA

eg2505

Honorary Master
It's ok, the normal vaccine you got as a child works on this too, so all should be fine.
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!, We need Vaccines and Lockdowns and Sanitizing and wiping and tests and bulls*t and Baloney with as side of Panic and Paranoia.
how will the big Pharma companies and Governments make money?

viper13

Excuse my ignorance, but I really don't see the big deal about this monkeypox. From my understanding it is basically a Brakpan version of chicken pox. Sorry to all Brakpanners on the forum.

It's been around for years and is less fatal than nappy rash, so why the big hoohah??? Sounds to me more like fear-mongering to retain control over the citizens of the countries and to loot money left, right and center. Just completely ridiculous.

If governments keep latching onto the next big pandemic/war in order to manipulate it's populace then eventually people will simply hate their governments and stop listening. That would be the beginning of anarchy and result in essentially a class war (I know this is at the extreme end of the scale and will have to go through various stages to get there).

It's chunky chicken pox, let's move on now and just get back to business and normal life.

LetsDance

Expert Member
It's chunky chicken pox, let's move on now and just get back to business and normal life.

Like we have any choice? I would rather not have the pox, having lesions on the skin is horrible and how do you approach a girl for sex after having had it?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Nou gaan hy loop pappa..... ons volgende lockdowns?
Good hygiene, non-contact with people and animals as well as a mask would reduce the likelihood. There are diseases far more debilitating than this one.

rh1

Executive Member
"Monkeypox is usually a mild disease manifesting as blisters on the skin. It is usually mild and self-limiting with a fatality rate of 1%
The case involves a 30-year-old male residing in the Gauteng province. Monkeypox is rarely fatal.

What a difference a 1% percentage in fatality makes. @neoprema was k@kking his broek at 2% fatality, but at 1% he is chilled.

I like how the NCID phrased the second line referenced above, basically nothing to worry about. But during COVID, it was basically the end of days.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
What a difference a 1% percentage in fatality makes. @neoprema was k@kking his broek at 2% fatality, but at 1% he is chilled.

I like how the NCID phrased the second line referenced above, basically nothing to worry about. But during COVID, it was basically the end of days.
The 2% was partly due to medical interventions that were in place. Things could have been worse than 2% if this was 1918 with no modern medical practices.