First case of monkeypox recorded in SA

Flanders

Honorary Master
KFC%20Fully%20Loaded.PNG

When people get...the box...the pox comes from the chicken...

That's why it's chicken pox...but now it's from a monkey...

000_V50J8.jpg

porchrat

Honorary Master
What a difference a 1% percentage in fatality makes. @neoprema was k@kking his broek at 2% fatality, but at 1% he is chilled.

I like how the NCID phrased the second line referenced above, basically nothing to worry about. But during COVID, it was basically the end of days.
Also depends on how fast it spreads and therefore the patient load that percentage point places on healthcare systems per unit of time.

As far as I understand it this thing is pretty niche compared to COVID.

Last edited:

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Another lockdown incoming...

Luckily we all trained with covid lockdown... next one will be easy peasy.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Nah, there won't be any lockdown. It doesn't spread as fast as the recent one.
That is what they say now.. in 2 weeks time different story.

Ps. I couldn't care about lockdowns anymore. Fkc this. If we die.. we die. Tired of mask, lockdowns etc.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Just thought of something.... it will get very very dangerous to be gay in SA if news of how this spreads gets around and people get panicked.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Just thought of something.... it will get very very dangerous to be gay in SA if news of how this spreads gets around and people get panicked.
That is purely coincidental. It's not an STD but is transferred through contact with infected person.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Stop having with men only or with women also?
All the government warnings I have seen thus (and I have probably only seen the funny one's) far have been pleading with gays to get vaccinated or be careful or something.

I am guessing that nothing about this specifically targets gays so anyone doing anything anal better watch themselves and not.... poke anything into any anus you are not in a monogamous relationship with :ROFL: