First case of monkeypox recorded in SA

rambo919

Honorary Master
The funny part is everyone admits it's primarily transmitted sexually... "but we won't stigmatize it" so it's magically not an STI that can also potentially spread via other means.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
As far as I understand it this thing is pretty niche compared to COVID.
Used to be ....... Now it is anybody's guess. That is until the experts tell us how come the two strains of Monkeypox (DNA virus) are now able to mutate so much easier, and then be more specific about how it spreads.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
but we won't stigmatize it"
The WHO has already embarked on that campaign, by doing what they did with Covid 19.

That is to tamper with definitions. This time it is with the words "endemic countries" and "non-endemic countries". Apparently, it is no longer acceptable to label countries thus.

Update:
The links:
17th June: https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease-outbreak-news/item/2022-DON393

This current Disease Outbreak News on the multi-country monkeypox outbreak is an update to the previously published Disease Outbreak News of 10 June, with updated data, some further details on surveillance and reporting, One Health, gatherings, Risk communication and community engagement and International travel and points of entry.

In this edition, we are removing the distinction between endemic and non-endemic countries, reporting on countries together where possible, to reflect the unified response that is needed.

10th June: https://www.who.int/publications/i/item/WHO-MPX-Clinical-and-IPC-2022.1

There are more links provided in the above two WHO documents for those interested in Monkeypox.

Last edited:

Defonotaltaccount

Expert Member
The funny part is everyone admits it's primarily transmitted sexually... "but we won't stigmatize it" so it's magically not an STI that can also potentially spread via other means.
I wonder how long.
It will take,
For you to get banhammer.
You come across as too "straight" forward.

Defonotaltaccount

Expert Member
The 2% was partly due to medical interventions that were in place. Things could have been worse than 2% if this was 1918 with no modern medical practices.
Posts this.
After "modern medical practices"
Also claimed a lot of lives.
Refuses to elaborate.
alcohol ban incoming ... because you have less unprotected sex when you are sober
Also more anal ?
Apparently ?

• Haha
Reactions: "D"

LetsDance

Expert Member

I see handshaking dying off for sure.

capd

Expert Member

Interesting, past few weeks as I’ve been shaking the hands of more people post Covid and mask madness, it’s almost as if people have forgotten how to shake hands! Perhaps it’s hesitancy, perhaps forgotten muscle memory, I don’t know.

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
Polio found in sewerage plant in UK
Can be a mutated strain
New virus incoming
Cause is most likely the ****ing anti vaxxers. Polio vaccine uptake has droppped recently - no guesses where the scare stories are coming from .
This, after we had bloody well almost eradicated polio.

I sometimes don't believe humans are intelligent enough to survive.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
If there is one thing we could learn from "pandemics 101" is that these are sideshows that detract from more serious things, like having a functioning economy.

But look it me with the reasoning and logic. Pfffft! We'll have none of that!

rambo919

Honorary Master

I'm just happy the huggers and kissers stay away from me these days....

ForceFate

Honorary Master
If there is one thing we could learn from "pandemics 101" is that these are sideshows that detract from more serious things, like having a functioning economy.

But look it me with the reasoning and logic. Pfffft! We'll have none of that!
Millions who got killed by these viruses in the past would disagree.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Interesting, past few weeks as I’ve been shaking the hands of more people post Covid and mask madness, it’s almost as if people have forgotten how to shake hands! Perhaps it’s hesitancy, perhaps forgotten muscle memory, I don’t know.
I don't shake hands anymore.