First full length feature film shot completely on a N8

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
http://blog.gsmarena.com/olive-is-the-first-full-length-feature-film-shot-completely-on-a-n8/

gsmarena_001.jpg

The rapid progress that cameraphone have been making over the past few years is no secret for anyone, but shooting a whole movie on one? Yes, please! – said phone directors Hooman Khalili and Patrick Gilles and proceeded to shoot their full length feature film Olive on a Nokia N8.

We are talking a full cinema-ready movie here that should be hitting theaters in the US soon. And all it took for the N8 to turn into a piece of cinematic gear was a 35 mm lens adapter, which was modified to fit the smart phone in order to achieve the needed shallow depth of field.

The film stars two-time Academy Award nominated actress Gena Rowlands as well as John Scurti, Chris Maher, and Ruby Alexander. And the sound design was created by the George Lucas-owned Skywalker Sound.

The ambitious goal that the authors of the projects are now trying to achieve is bringing Olive to over 2,000 theathers in the US. According to them, this will be the first movie to do so without the backing of a major studio.

If you are interested to help the project you may follow the source link and make a contribution. If you are generous enough you might even get a mention in the credits or get a ticket for the premiere or even a dinner with the directors.

kilobits

Executive Member
Hehehe

Just some info I found interesting...

A South African director was the 1st to film an entire movie on a Sony Ericsson w900i back in 2009. It was the world's 1st full length feature movie filmed entirely on a mobile phone. Another 1st for South Africa !

"SMS Sugar Man" the world's first mobile phone feature film shot entirely on Sony Ericsson W900

Linky

Since SMS Sugarman, Aryan has made two documentaries: Sally in Winterland, which he shot on a Nokia N95 mobile phone, and Drom Film Repetition, which he shot on a combination of HDV and mobile phone footage. “I am interesting in exploring the impact that the mobile medium has on storytelling, on how narratives are shaped and reiterated,” he says. “I have now integrated my Nokia N95 into my everyday filming practice and often mix it up with HDV footage.”

Linky

koeksGHT

Dealer
Not surprised, my dads camera even has a GPS which is like going overboard!

Executive Member
I choose good phones - I have the N8 now and had the W900i back then :p

CoolBug

Expert Member
Pity they don't mention the professional lens which probably something like 50 - 100K?

It is impressive but I believe there are at least 10 maybe even 20 mobile phones capable of such a feat.

a 2 year old HTC Desire can even shoot 720p

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Video is one thing, the stereo audio that the N8 records is superb, although for the movie they may have used another source of sound recording. HTC does not have Zeiss optics - in fact - very few phones do.

CoolBug

Expert Member
Video is one thing, the stereo audio that the N8 records is superb, although for the movie they may have used another source of sound recording. HTC does not have Zeiss optics - in fact - very few phones do.

Yup, Sony Ericsson sold the Carl Zeiss branding to Nokia a few years back so only Nokia will have Carl Zeiss lenses, SE carried on using it's CyberShot & Walkman brandings in their phones. There are a quite a few phones that can do this but the N8 might be arguably the best at it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer, rooted with Revolver ROM, 1.6GHz