Sodan

Expert Member
Wow! That's a seriously eye-opening update on the court case.

Not.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
A man from the Cape Flats, one Mr Norton, appeared in the Cape Town Commercial Crimes Court on Wednesday, 26 February 2014.

Corné Guldenpfennig, CEO of the Southern African Federation Against Copyright Theft (Safact) said that the case was postponed until 4 April 2014.

Norton stands accused of uploading a “high profile South African film” to others using BitTorrent technology via The Pirate Bay.

Guldenpfennig previously said that they would bring charges against Norton in terms of the Counterfeit Goods Act and article 27 of the Copyright Act for uploading the film.

The case was postponed for pleading and for the provision of further details, as well as to establish a date for the hearing, Guldenpfennig said.
Where is the update, we already know that it is postponed.

Beri

Expert Member
And then they will postpone agail for him to get a lawyer. Then because the roll is full. The because he was sick

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
How many SAFACT partners is indeed SAFACT partners... I mean really piracysucks.co.za (their FAQ redirection) owned by Prezence which according to their site did the Ster-Kinekor and Bid or Buy Android app, anyway it is presented as case studies???

SAFACT is even operated by Triloq Technologies... media companies...

Why is these companies even involved?

Allin

Expert Member
I had to LOL at their website:

NEWSFLASH: An arrest in Fordsburg and 3 in Witbank yesterday for dealing in fake films and music - 9 October 2012
What did they do in the last 18 months?

Petec

Expert Member
"I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous"

This sig is the only amazing thing in this thread.

LOL, nice one GimmeMore

Jan

Drifting in the black
Where is the update, we already know that it is postponed.
It was previously moved to a different court and postponed to today. Norton appeared today and it was postponed again. Not Earth-shattering, but still an update.

Tns

Executive Member
so what is the difference if i download my tvseries via bittorent or record it my vhs on tv and then watch it?

herbertk

Expert Member
so what is the difference if i download my tvseries via bittorent or record it my vhs on tv and then watch it?
On TV you received it via a channel that is legal and you paid for (TV license). You are free to record it for your own use, but if you copy that VHS and send it to others you would be in trouble. The guy is not charged with downloading but distributing (clearly safact do not understand torrents as technically everyone distributes lol).

cfilorux

Blink and you'll miss it

So this is what didn't happen:
The case was postponed for pleading and for the provision of further details, as well as to establish a date for the hearing, Guldenpfennig said.
No pleading, no details, no date. So what did happen?

Last edited: