First look at Matt Groening's first new show in two decades

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
It’s been nearly 20 years since Matt Groening has given you a new show, so… it’s time.

Netflix released the first images of Disenchantment, an animated fantasy series that features the voices of Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon, and Eric Andre. Created by Groening (The Simpsons, Futurama), the show takes place in the crumbling medieval kingdom named Dreamland and centers on the exploits of a hard-drinking princess named Bean (Jacobson), her plucky elf friend Elfo (Faxon), and her personal demon Luci (Andre) as they match wits with “ogres, sprites, harpies, imps, trolls, walruses, and lots of human fools.”

The series, whose 10-episode first season launches Aug. 17, also will feature the voice talents of John DiMaggio, Billy West, Maurice LaMarche, Tress MacNeille, David Herman, Matt Berry, Jeny Batten, Rich Fulcher, Noel Fielding, and Lucy Montgomery.
Read More...
http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/23/matt-groening-disenchantment/

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Teaser:

On Netflix August 17th.

I'll get it on the high seas on the 18th.

Last edited by a moderator:

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Disenchantment | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

Last edited by a moderator:

Sumen

Expert Member
I only watched episode 1, as always with the first episode it was just "okay" but it seems like a very comforting series.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Alrighty...all 10 episodes done & dusted.

Long time The Simpsons fan & Futurama fan so basically a Groening fan.

Went into the series with a clear mind, zero expectation like it would be like his other 2 shows.

After S01E01 the show pulls together nicely, enjoyed the period setting & the story. Unlike his other 2 shows continuity is a huge part of the show. Show has a good flow to it.

The key characters are all charming, solid voice work & great visuals.

On the whole my 2c is to ignore what the critics say & give it a watch. I think you will find it rather entertaining & enjoyable.

Onwards to season 2!