[First Time Buyer] Is The Mileage Too High? Ford Focus 2015

Ak_Akhil

Hi guys,
I am a first-time car buyer and I'm currently interested in buying a 2015 Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost Trend.
It has 155,000km on the clock. Too me this seems very high considering the year.

The price is just below average but it has all the bells and whistles.

I would really appreciate your guy's thoughts on this.

Thanks

I would say its risky.

That car will be long out of warranty and service plan. Should the turbo pack up in a few months you are going to pay an arm and a leg for that.

MirageF1

Expert Member
Wouldn't touch it with a smelly rag.
Nothing over 70-80k tops..
@150k that car has had the **** kicked out of it in 4 years, hence the price

My 2014 1.4L Figo had 72k on clock and was clean as a whistle when I got it a few months back... and even then I hesitated at the mileage. Would have preferred 40k on the odometer...

Pay a little more, get a lot less hassle

epah

Expert Member
The year is not the issue. What you should be worried about is that 1l ecoboost engine. They are not known for their reliability. I am actually shocked that one has actually made it to 155 000kms.

Ak_Akhil

I would say its risky.

That car will be long out of warranty and service plan. Should the turbo pack up in a few months you are going to pay an arm and a leg for that.
That’s crazy high. Risky.
150,000 on a 1L engine. I hope you're getting it for VERY cheap because you're going to use every spare penny on replacing parts out of warranty.
Wouldn't touch it with a smelly rag.
Nothing over 70-80k tops..
@150k that car has had the **** kicked out of it in 4 years, hence the price

My 2014 1.4L Figo had 72k on clock and was clean as a whistle when I got it a few months back... and even then I hesitated at the mileage. Would have preferred 40k on the odometer...

Pay a little more, get a lot less hassle
The year is not the issue. What you should be worried about is that 1l ecoboost engine. They are not known for their reliability. I am actually shocked that one has actually made it to 155 000kms.
Thanks for the help everyone. Guess I'll be searching for another car :D

KT-B

Honorary Master
Lol my 2015 Ford Ecosport is on 155k - and she runs like a dream. But I would not get this either. I have no faith in Ford servicing older cars. Unless you have a great mechanic - I believe dealers are incapable of fixing cars older than 3 years. I have found that the Hatfield branch does the best work - I have not had an issue since they cost me a small fortune. But now she sees a mechanic up the road - and so far we have only had services. But I know my CV joints need seeing to though - and dreading the cost.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Lol my 2015 Ford Ecosport is on 155k - and she runs like a dream. But I would not get this either. I have no faith in Ford servicing older cars. Unless you have a great mechanic - I believe dealers are incapable of fixing cars older than 3 years. I have found that the Hatfield branch does the best work - I have not had an issue since they cost me a small fortune. But now she sees a mechanic up the road - and so far we have only had services. But I know my CV joints need seeing to though - and dreading the cost.
Only if you take it to Ford, otherwise you should be fine. Buy the parts and let the mechanic fit them.

Is your Ecosport also the 1.0l turbo?

rietrot

Honorary Master
You could look at this from the other side. Seeing that it made it to 155k is proof that this is probably the only good one out there.

Zenthrax

Only thing is the petrol price. I need a car to travel long distances everyday and 2.0 liter will probably skin me
Depends entirely on your driving habits, the little 1l turbo engine can cost a lot more in fuel than a 2L non turbo if you like playing with the turbo.