Fixed-LTE router problems during load-shedding – What MTN says

felix.smit

I have a related problem, although it doesn't happen with loadshedding. Usually around the 5th of every month, I have to phone Afrihost to "reset" my connection, because while it's connected to the network, it doesn't have any throughput. After the reset, it's fine. And every time I phone Afrihost, they say they'll look into it, but to no avail.

DXL

Expert Member
I have a Fixed MTN LTE which does not work.

MTN is having major issues with Delivering the FIXED LTE over Liquid Telecoms network thats the problem.

They refuse to admit they cannot solve the problem. Thousands are affected countrywide. Cancel and Move to Vodacom their roaming with RAIN works seamlessly.

deweyzeph

Executive Member
In my case we only have a single MTN tower servicing our entire area, and that tower goes down during loadshedding leaving me high and dry. I also use MTN for my cellphone so not only do I lose my Fixed LTE service, but I can't even use the data on my MTN sim card on my cellphone as a backup. I've had to resort to getting a Vodacom prepaid sim card in a secondary router as a backup during load shedding if I want any access to the outside world.

Bobbin

Executive Member
Inb4 mtn says 'oops our bad'. Oh wait that'll never happen.
Bringing in a senior technician or engineer to spend hours/days to resolve an issue for a few customers isn't profitable. So until there are enough complaints to threaten their profitability they probably won't have a reason to care.

Yskasmetnstoof

Typical SA. Get service. Service works well for a while. Then service crashes. Client complains. Povider blames the client. Nothing is solved. Client eventually cancels service and try some other provider. Repeat.

Yskasmetnstoof

Bringing in a senior technician or engineer to spend hours/days to resolve an issue for a few customers isn't profitable. So until there are enough complaints to threaten their profitability they probably won't have a reason to care.
Why about they don't take money for the times it does not work. Oh wait it's set up so that that can never be measured....

_TrXtR_

Hence that will never happen :cool:

Outkast_ZN

@Bradley Prior I'm on an MTN Fixed LTE package with Axxess with a Huawei B525 router and I have a constant problem with load shedding. When the router comes back up after load shedding, I can't get an internet connection. I phone Axxess support and they tell me to check my access point and then change from Auto discovery to 4G only and then back to Auto discovery. This usually doesn't work so the operator will then tell me to factory reset my router which is an absolute pain. After it doesn't come back, they log a call with MTN and after about a day I get my internet connection back. Luckily we only get load shedding once a week but every single time we do get it, it's the same tedious process.