Fixed LTE - What's the speeds like, and does it work well for gaming?

shonay

Hi all,

I've been thinking of signing up with Axxess for their 200GB LTE deal.
Just wanted to find out from current users who make use of Cell C LTE - what are the speeds like (upload and download) and how is the latency to Europe servers for online gaming?

Is it comparable to Telkom? Better or worse?

Don't want to be tied down on a contract if this is not going to work too well for my gaming needs.

Unfortunately Fibre is taking forever to get to my area, and ADSL is limited to only 4mbps so looking into LTE.
I currently have Telkom LTE and it's ok, but everybody at home makes use of it and hence doesn't work too well for gaming when a number of users are connected to it. So I would like to get the Cell C LTE via Axxess and use this just for gaming / streaming only for my use and not the rest of the familia.

Last edited:

Quicks

Just make sure it's not on the Rain network as that went downhill since the launch of there Rain mobile network.

You can always get prepaid SIM with cell C and test it out, from what I know the sim only on Access is month to month as well.

shonay

Don't really have much time to go to a cellphone store to get the cell c sim, hence the reason why I'm asking for users opinions on here.

Didn't know it's month to month for the sim only deal, that's perfect. Cos I already have a router - so that works out great. Thanks Quicks.

Hi all,

I've been thinking of signing up with Axxess for their 200GB LTE deal.
Just wanted to find out from current users who make use of Cell C LTE - what are the speeds like (upload and download) and how is the latency to Europe servers for online gaming?

Is it comparable to Telkom? Better or worse?

Don't want to be tied down on a contract if this is not going to work too well for my gaming needs.

Unfortunately Fibre is taking forever to get to my area, and ADSL is limited to only 4mbps so looking into LTE.
I currently have Telkom LTE and it's ok, but everybody at home makes use of it and hence doesn't work too well for gaming when a number of users are connected to it. So I would like to get the Cell C LTE via Axxess and use this just for gaming / streaming only for my use and not the rest of the familia.
I got my CellC LTE about a month and a half ago and I'll never look back to DSL.

At my place, I get 2bars on the router (B315), and in the interface, i got 2 maybe 3 out of 5 bars, which gives me an average of 6mb/s down and around 2mb/s up. Using the bunnies ears that came with it, but seeing as I also game 24/7 - 365, I'm definitely looking at getting external antenna's. The signal drops every few hours, which spikes me ping to a constant 350+ for a few minutes then drops back, other than that I get 35ms to Jhb servers, 220ms to EU servers, which is still the same as ADSL and Fibre.

At the moment we're stranded with 200ms average to EU servers, this won't change soon.

shonay

I got my CellC LTE about a month and a half ago and I'll never look back to DSL.

At my place, I get 2bars on the router (B315), and in the interface, i got 2 maybe 3 out of 5 bars, which gives me an average of 6mb/s down and around 2mb/s up. Using the bunnies ears that came with it, but seeing as I also game 24/7 - 365, I'm definitely looking at getting external antenna's. The signal drops every few hours, which spikes me ping to a constant 350+ for a few minutes then drops back, other than that I get 35ms to Jhb servers, 220ms to EU servers, which is still the same as ADSL and Fibre.

At the moment we're stranded with 200ms average to EU servers, this won't change soon.
Thanks for the info dude. My SIM should arrive today, hopefully will be activated by tomorrow then will see from there. Maybe i'll see you in the games man xD But I mainly play SWBF2 now days, can't seem to get into playing Fortnite.

My sim was activated a few minutes after I received the router with the sim from Mweb, struck a bit of luck there. :D
I mainly play CS GO and then some Fortnite with friends.

GL HF! Post some results when you get your sim. :)

Sumen

Expert Member
Thanks for the info dude. My SIM should arrive today, hopefully will be activated by tomorrow then will see from there. Maybe i'll see you in the games man xD But I mainly play SWBF2 now days, can't seem to get into playing Fortnite.
Another Cell c Fixed LTE here, I get 20Mbps download

shonay

Got the SIM card delivered today, hooked it all up now and ran the first speed test, so far it's promising. Haven't gamed yet but the speeds are pretty good.

7477914327.png