Flashy ‘trucker millionaire’ businessman Sam Mshengu arrested by the Hawks

thechamp

Honorary Master
News broke on Sunday evening that businessman Sam Mshengu of Sam Holdings had been arrested by elite police investigative unit the Hawks in the Mpumalanga town of Emalahleni.

After journalist Sabelo Skiti confirmed the news, The Citizen called Hawks spokesperson Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi, who said they would only release an official statement about the arrest on Monday.

grok

Honorary Master
Making SARS's lifestyle audits a little too easy.
Those are only used when the ANC wants a tool to remove someone, else where are the Zuma-era audits? Oh wait SARS chose to look the other way then..

Also supercats? Citizen thinks he's a zoologist too?

Urist

Expert Member
Those are only used when the ANC wants a tool to remove someone, else where are the Zuma-era audits? Oh wait SARS chose to look the other way then..

Also supercats? Citizen thinks he's a zoologist too?
Of course, probably didn't play along with Ramaphosa's people... It's their turn now... until the next one comes.

nightjar

Expert Member
Making SARS's lifestyle audits a little too easy.
The Hawks have concluded their investigation into the R1.2m in suspicious and unusual transactions in the account of former SA Revenue Service (Sars) executive Jonas Makwakwa, which were identified in a Financial Intelligence Centre report.

Hawks spokesperson Hangwani Mulaudzi confirmed on Thursday that the docket was handed to the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) on November 13.

SARS protected this guy from May 2016 and now it seems that the NPA has taken over the protection.

R13...

Honorary Master
BREAKING: Sam Mshengu of Sam Holdings – who can also be remembered for that convoy of luxury and supercats that were headed to the Durban July this year – has been detained by the Hawks in Witbank, Mpumalanga. The arrest follows and prolonged investigation into his citizenship…
Well I suppose it works in both interpretations, I've heard guys referred to as cats but never super-cats.

EADC

Executive Member
Well I suppose it works in both interpretations, I've heard guys referred to as cats but never super-cats.
I was confused thought it was some slang that I am too old to understand then realised super cars. :ROFL:

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
I was confused thought it was some slang that I am too old to understand then realised super cars. :ROFL:
:ROFL: I was the same, I was thinking damn I am getting to old to even read articles now without understanding the lingo.

I know about thundercats but not supercats.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Supercat? You guys are unwoke, it's the Dodge model situated below the Hellcat and the Demon.

Milano

Honorary Master
He was described as a hard worker and fast learner from the age of 11. Definitely here illegally.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yeah, did Transport for Eskom... definitely all legit and above board.

2014 with nothing, to 52 trucks and plant and and + 10 luxury cars (at least) in 5 years...

Either he is an amazing businessman, or he got some dodgy overinflated contracts.

Milano

Honorary Master

2014 with nothing, to 52 trucks and plant and and + 10 luxury cars (at least) in 5 years...

Either he is an amazing businessman, or he got some dodgy overinflated contracts.
Can't have him disturbing the comrades monopoly on corruption. Justice appears to move swiftly against foreigners. Will be interesting what actually comes out in court.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Can't have him disturbing the comrades monopoly on corruption. Justice appears to move swiftly against foreigners. Will be interesting what actually comes out in court.
Stop making it sound like the guy is being persecuted for being a foreigner, it's boring.

eg2505

Honorary Master
and then we will find out , hs's just like the "ladysmith millionaire"
its all loans and borrowing, and he barely owned anything besides a flashy shirt...

Milano

Honorary Master
Stop making it sound like the guy is being persecuted for being a foreigner, it's boring.
"Skiti suggested that the case is linked to an investigation of Mshengu’s citizenship status that was initiated by the department of home affairs, with other reports suggesting that he is actually from Zimbabwe and may have allegedly obtained his South African citizenship illegally."

Kindly redirect your bitter complaints to the media :ROFL:

Particularly rich since you linked the article. Can't just cherry pick those parts that appeal to you :ROFL: :ROFL:

Hemi300c

Honorary Master

Here is a clue of how the money flowed in. The name starts with a E

"I’ve never been involved in anything illegal. I do transport with Eskom"

Pleenty overnight millionaires thank to our SOE's and corruption.