Flashy ‘trucker millionaire’ businessman Sam Mshengu arrested by the Hawks

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Here is a clue of how the money flowed in. The name starts with a E

"I’ve never been involved in anything illegal. I do transport with Eskom"

Pleenty overnight millionaires thank to our SOE's and corruption.
Anyone remember that beautician with the resold coal contracts.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
"Skiti suggested that the case is linked to an investigation of Mshengu’s citizenship status that was initiated by the department of home affairs, with other reports suggesting that he is actually from Zimbabwe and may have allegedly obtained his South African citizenship illegally."

Kindly redirect your bitter complaints to the media :ROFL:

Particularly rich since you linked the article. Can't just cherry pick those parts that appeal to you :ROFL: :ROFL:
This is what the DHA were investigating. There are many wealthy foreigners living or operating businesses in SA

Milano

Honorary Master
Anyone remember that beautician with the resold coal contracts.
That was one of the more absurdly amusing. This corruption is virtually legally legislated. Much of these racial compliance laws are basically the legalisation of most forms of corruption.

Milano

Honorary Master
This is what the DHA were investigating. There are many wealthy foreigners living or operating businesses in SA
Obviously that is the modus operandi. It is the most convenient method of protecting the cadre monopoly on crime and corruption.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Obviously that is the modus operandi. It is the most convenient method of protecting the cadre monopoly on crime and corruption.
But what if he indeed obtained his citizenship fraudulently? He claimed to be from the former homeland of Venda and not Zim. I doubt DHA would've paid any attention if all about him was legitimate.

Milano

Honorary Master
Conspiracy theorist detected.
Not convinced conspiracy means what you think it does. It is evident in the official xenophobic statements made by government. Will be watching this case closely to see how it compares to the much bigger SA fish walking free and enjoying the good life.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Not convinced conspiracy means what you think it does. It is evident in the official xenophobic statements made by government. Will be watching this case closely to see how it compares to the much bigger SA fish walking free and enjoying the good life.
It's not the first case of a dodgy citizenship, one senior Cosatu guy was deported not too long ago, also Zimbabwean, how does that gel with your conspiracy theory?

But do watch it closely, perhaps the guy is being hated for his wealth, who knows...

Milano

Honorary Master
But what if he indeed obtained his citizenship fraudulently? He claimed to be from the former homeland of Venda and not Zim. I doubt DHA would've paid any attention if all about him was legitimate.
It would clearly represent double standards. One standard for foreigners and another for the corrupt untouchable SA fat cats that walk free living the high life thanks to their dirty political connections.

Cius

Executive Member
If he was Mpumalanga based I suspect a David Mabuza link.

Milano

Honorary Master
It's not the first case of a dodgy citizenship, one senior Cosatu guy was deported not too long ago, also Zimbabwean, how does that gell with your conspiracy?

But do watch it closely, perhaps the guy is being hated for his wealth, who knows...
It is not my conspiracy, it is yours :ROFL: Mine is a straightforward observation of the untouchable corrupt South Africans living the high life.

Milano

Honorary Master
You're really being pathetic now
An observation no need to get salty. All will be revealed in the trial and we can easily run some comparison stats thereafter to ensure that the law is being applied without fear or favour - which we have seen scant evidence of to date.