Flexopower555

Reaper1242

Does anyone have one of these and is it worth it? Realistically, what kind of runtime would this give me with a laptop, 32" LED TV and a light?

This is pretty much where my budget ends. If there's a better solution at this price point then I'd welcome recommendations.

Fjorko

Expert Member
It can do 500w continuous for one hour....

So work out how many watts you want to draw from it, and divide the two numbers...

So if your load will be 250w, you can look at about 2hrs....probably a bit less

Then, you should get your estimated run time.

Usually you should run it a little shorter than this figure as to not deplete the batteries all the way to zero (even though they are Lithium)

Reaper1242

It can do 500w continuous for one hour....

So work out how many watts you want to draw from it, and divide the two numbers...

So if your load will be 250w, you can look at about 2hrs....probably a bit less

Then, you should get your estimated run time.

Usually you should run it a little shorter than this figure as to not deplete the batteries all the way to zero (even though they are Lithium)
Thanks. That helps.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
Ultra Pure Sine Wave.
Wowee. Their sine wave is clearly better than others.
thiswaytofun-thisway.gif

Lupus

Honorary Master
Does anyone have one of these and is it worth it? Realistically, what kind of runtime would this give me with a laptop, 32" LED TV and a light?

This is pretty much where my budget ends. If there's a better solution at this price point then I'd welcome recommendations.

For that, you'd get about 4 hours.

Mirai

Expert Member

I like how they say "ultra pure" sine wave as opposed to the competitors who merely say "pure".

It's 500Wh so I assume it's 5 hours at 100w or 1 hour at 500W. Inverters are not completely efficient though so about 90% efficiency. Also the battery may not drain completely to save the unit, I know some of the competitors only have 90% depth of discharge. But this has an extra 55Wh so maybe that would cover that.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Thank you. And this vs the Mecer 2400va inverter at Geewiz?

I'm not seeing where they say ultra?
Depends on the batteries you get, but generally that would be 1200w/h useable so you'd get almost twice that.

Reaper1242

Depends on the batteries you get, but generally that would be 1200w/h useable so you'd get almost twice that.
The deep cycle upgrade pushes me over budget. So just trying to figure out the best option now. Also not looking at having to spend more later to upgrade anyway.

Lupus

Honorary Master
The deep cycle upgrade pushes me over budget. So just trying to figure out the best option now. Also not looking at having to spend more later to upgrade anyway.
Yup and you'll only get about 600 to 800 cycles which means you'd have to replace batteries next year anyway.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
A Synapse 600 and a Hubble S-100.

600W pure sine wave and 1200Wh.

DIY option

R8k.

joshuatree

Expert Member