Flight Simulator 2020

mr_norris

Expert Member
Anyone have an issue with ATC? When voice is on either azure or Offline, you can hear your requests and see the text in the ATC menu but there are no response from the ATC in either voice or text. As soon as you turn voice off, you can see both your own replies and that of the ATC. It just happened all of a sudden, nothing changed in my settings.
I have had issues with that accessibility voice thing where it reads out the menu and what's on screen. It's happened twice now, but it went away. Teething issues I guess.

VooDooC

Expert Member
I have had issues with that accessibility voice thing where it reads out the menu and what's on screen. It's happened twice now, but it went away. Teething issues I guess.

I fixed my issue, just restarted the xbox completely. But yeah, bound to be problems in the start, was already a major undertaking in it's own just to have it playable on a console.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Okay so tried this on my Series X today, took off from Lanseria and took a turn towards the Dome. Yeah it looks weird, the terrain looks weird like they literally plopped the satellite image on to a 3d ground.
The highway has no depth, the buildings are malformed. It's also outdated images of course.

Toxic T

Expert Member
I can't seem to get active pause to work. I don't see the pause on the left. Is there something that I need to activate?

AdrianH

Expert Member
After the 25GB update that took forever, I played it. Decided to fly in East London and after 10 minutes the game crashed. Pun intended.
I've had a few crashes to the dashboard in around 7 hours play time. Probably be fixed soon

AdrianH

Expert Member
I can't seem to get active pause to work. I don't see the pause on the left. Is there something that I need to activate?
I also noticed some of the buttons on the toolbar missing initially. I don't remember what I did, but all showing Now including Pause. For some reason I keep thinking I cusomised that toolbar, but I don't recall. Maybe I just rebooted the XSX

AdrianH

Expert Member
Okay so tried this on my Series X today, took off from Lanseria and took a turn towards the Dome. Yeah it looks weird, the terrain looks weird like they literally plopped the satellite image on to a 3d ground.
The highway has no depth, the buildings are malformed. It's also outdated images of course.
Go fly around New York

Toxic T

Expert Member
I also noticed some of the buttons on the toolbar missing initially. I don't remember what I did, but all showing Now including Pause. For some reason I keep thinking I cusomised that toolbar, but I don't recall. Maybe I just rebooted the XSX
I think I figured it out. I have my wireless mouse and keyboard attached to the Series X. Started pressing buttons on the keyboard and W seems to have done the trick.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Go fly around New York
Yeah granted they'll put more love into other areas, just funny how South Africa looks, then again we've never really gotten any love in the FS department. At least the uhm Dome is there.
Also I had it on easy flight model cause being on console and that's not easy. Planes feel twitchy, this auto stall thing keeps popping up that throttles down which makes it harder to get out of a stall. Climbing takes ages and speed drops easily. I couldn't get above 6000 feet, which in JHB is not very high.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
It's also outdated images of course.
I flew over my old house in Broadacres and the satellite image showed it still being built, very early stages in fact so 3-4 years old.

EFIT: Fourways Mall

131262AB-D05A-408C-9589-E0BC67F3484B.png

Last edited:

Lupus

Honorary Master
I flew over my old house in Broadacres and the satellite image showed it still being built, very early stages in fact so 3-4 years old.
Yup I flew over where there is now Curro School, which in 2016 was just a cleared ground, it still shows that in FS.

VooDooC

Expert Member
Yup I flew over where there is now Curro School, which in 2016 was just a cleared ground, it still shows that in FS.

Bing maps are very far behind in SA, Google Maps are much more up to date at least in the major city areas. Unfortunately one of the down sides of living in SA, we are always behind with everything.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Bing maps are very far behind in SA, Google Maps are much more up to date at least in the major city areas. Unfortunately one of the down sides of living in SA, we are always behind with everything.
Even google maps seems to be about 2 maybe 3 years behind, I mean I only could navigate to the dome as I know it's roughly south from Lanseria, the roads are so badly depicted as well, but once I got to the dome I could navigate close to home :) which just looked sh%#$# to be honest.
Terrain is really disappointing for South Africa, maybe CPT would be better.

Pegasus

Executive Member
I tried a flight from Stellenbosch today, my old airfield.

I found Arabella no problem using land marks. It's pretty well done as far as the shape of things go. The textures are a bit off. too much greenery and lots of water. The buildings look like warehouses at Arabella instead of houses.

The Airfield at Stellenbosch is pretty good, they got the plastic sheeting for the strawberry farm at RWY 19 spot on.

Down at Paarl Rock the mountain are very green, and the Taal monument is missing. I used to fly over there often.

There's also no ATC at Stellenbosh, but the flightsim reckons there is.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
2nd time while I'm on a little cross country flight and the game just bombs out and crashes.

Getting my basic Autopilot skills together now and grasping trim, attitude and throttle control much better now.

That Squirrel dude from the UK really makes it easier to get to grips with.