Flight Simulator 2020

Pegasus

Executive Member
2nd time while I'm on a little cross country flight and the game just bombs out and crashes.

Getting my basic Autopilot skills together now and grasping trim, attitude and throttle control much better now.

That Squirrel dude from the UK really makes it easier to get to grips with.

In a Cessna 152 or similar...

You tend to want to use the flight stick to go up and down instead of throttling up and down.

You'll notice that when you are level and go full throttle, the nose goes up and you start to climb.

If you want to climb a few 1000 feet, then you can go full throttle, pull back slightly on the stick, then get keep your speed at 60 to 70 knots (depending on what rate of climb you want). Once your speed is on say 70 Knots then you trim to keep it there. Then you just hold the flight stick pretty much still.

1000 feet a minute is a decent climb rate.
I don't know if you need to worry about the air / fuel mixture or carb heat on this simulater, but that is easy enough to pick up.

In a 152, you ideally don't want to go over 12000 feet.
It'll probably take 20 minutes to get that high.

Pegasus

Executive Member
Tried Diego Garcia. It looks like the yanks are out bombing somewhere, no planes or ships in sight.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
In a Cessna 152 or similar...

You tend to want to use the flight stick to go up and down instead of throttling up and down.

You'll notice that when you are level and go full throttle, the nose goes up and you start to climb.

If you want to climb a few 1000 feet, then you can go full throttle, pull back slightly on the stick, then get keep your speed at 60 to 70 knots (depending on what rate of climb you want). Once your speed is on say 70 Knots then you trim to keep it there. Then you just hold the flight stick pretty much still.

1000 feet a minute is a decent climb rate.
I don't know if you need to worry about the air / fuel mixture or carb heat on this simulater, but that is easy enough to pick up.

In a 152, you ideally don't want to go over 12000 feet.
It'll probably take 20 minutes to get that high.

Cheers for that.

Yeah, I may have to play around with the left stick on the console's sensitivity settings a bit too.
It's a bit knarly when making small adjustments, though I'm also getting the hang of it.

A yoke peripheral will really be the best option though.

But I'm really enjoying this sim for sure!

AdrianH

Expert Member
Just sight seeing
7b1b6e33d4812da91ad1c42b99930e75.jpg
6537d9ed378d060738e89f40e1b616f3.jpg

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Just a shame there are many sights which aren't buildings that don't render that great.

For example: buildings like the Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica and even Hoover Dam render great, but the Stonehenge and Victoria Falls are more than useless.

Hopefully with time these are fixed.

Shake&Bake

Party Liaison
Just sight seeing
7b1b6e33d4812da91ad1c42b99930e75.jpg
6537d9ed378d060738e89f40e1b616f3.jpg

I did this Discovery Flight earlier to show my nephew what the sim was all about, and I'd never been before or sim'd there. And was left a bit underwhelmed by the rendering or if the pyramids just aren't that awe inspiring. :eek:

AdrianH

Expert Member
I did this Discovery Flight earlier to show my nephew what the sim was all about, and I'd never been before or sim'd there. And was left a bit underwhelmed by the rendering or if the pyramids just aren't that awe inspiring. :eek:
Why do you think I made sure the sunset was always in the pictures LOL

Ivan Leon

Expert Member

Why You Should Play Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 for Xbox - How-To-Geek​

1627784258773.png

In 2020, Microsoft Flight Simulator launched on Windows and delivered a never-before-seen aviation experience that allows you to fly anywhere on the planet. Fortunately, you no longer need a high-end PC to try it out, as Flight Simulator is finally available on Xbox Series X and S.

Microsoft Flight Simulator has never graced a console before. Simulation games are normally a mainstay of the PC gaming scene, so the arrival of Flight Sim on Xbox marks something of a turning point for console gaming.

A massive amount of optimization was required to make this happen, but the game looks fantastic and runs at its 30-frames-per-second target most of the time. While higher frame rates are always preferable, Flight Sim’s lower target makes for a very playable experience on a console.

Ivan Leon

Expert Member

Microsoft Flight Simulator faces some controversy after latest hotfix - PC Invasion​

Destination: Downgrade?

1627792639582.png

Microsoft Flight Simulator players on PC recently benefited from the massive Sim Update V. This update addressed a number of performance issues and also added in some new graphical elements and quality of life improvements.

However, issues have come up for some players. Following the reports, Asobo has released a brand new hotfix for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Hotfix version 1.18.14.0 addresses a number of issues found in the sim since Sim Update V. This includes crash-to-desktop errors, memory leaks, and crashes related to using the offline AI traffic feature.

Players with multiple peripherals should also no longer have the sim freeze when connecting and disconnecting peripherals. In-game elements have also been fixed, including certain GPS devices, and issues found with the flight planner.

Other improvements have been made to the weather system, certain aircraft systems, and other gameplay operations.

The release notes include the full rundown of all the nitty-gritty details.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Much more impressive in stature from those angles. But why so effing dirty? Plastic everywhere... it's a shame.
Should watch some of their other videos or search for similar "<attraction> walking tours". Many a trip can be saved this way because they are overrated (Pompeii, Venice, Colosseum, Eiffel Tower) and others just make you want to go see it even more like St. Peter's Basilica :)

EDIT: Somebody once said that you go to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower, so if you go up the elevator of the Eiffel Tower what is there to see?

Of all the "walking tour" videos the Eiffel Tower seemed like the biggest waste of time.

Pegasus

Executive Member
Should watch some of their other videos or search for similar "<attraction> walking tours". Many a trip can be saved this way because they are overrated (Pompeii, Venice, Colosseum, Eiffel Tower) and others just make you want to go see it even more like St. Peter's Basilica :)

EDIT: Somebody once said that you go to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower, so if you go up the elevator of the Eiffel Tower what is there to see?

Of all the "walking tour" videos the Eiffel Tower seemed like the biggest waste of time.
If you played Assassins Creed, you would have have hada pretty good tour of Italy.

Brawler

Honorary Master
It's a big world out there.
Nice thing about FS games is they have a long shelf life and will be getting updated for many years to come.
I can see this map to 3d world conversion software being used a lot more in future titles as well.