Florauna, Pretoria North - Fibre Signups Please Help.

Gatekeeper

Last edited:

Gatekeeper

Damn guys really no one lives in Pretoria North .... !! must I retype this in Afrikaans ... ?

MadMax2Return

Eks in Ninapark. . . reg langs jou. . . .wens ook ek kan fibre kry. . .het baie issues met my 4Mb koper lyn en wil graag weg gaan van koper

Gatekeeper

Cool as ons genoeg mense kry tot as hulle entry level package vat 20Mbps R899pm is dit nogsteeds beter as telkom se swak *** en eks seker dis wat jy amper betaal vir jou 4mb en die lyn is ingesluit met beter call rates as telkdom.

die probleem is net om mense te kry daar is n paar in berg laan wat belang stel maar soos ek se hulle sal net trench en points in sit as hulle sien daar is mense in die area wat belang stel. is jy naby die spar ek is 850m van die spar af as jy 250m is aan spar kan hulle vir jou fiber reel...

MadMax2Return

ek betaal op die oomblik 473 p/m maar ek kry nie my lyn spoed nie( all inclusive op die adsl) ek sukkel al van januarie af met hulle dat hulle net dit moet reg maak. ek kry so 1.2-1.4 Mbps ek soek graag fibre maar weet nie wie nog in my area belangstel nie.

Wat is die caps op daai??? Ek soek so 300Gb en kyk na die 50Mbps deal. . . .

Ek bly in Waterbok straat bo teen die berg

Weet nie presies hoe ver van die Spar af nie maar skat dis seker so 2-2.5km. . . .

Gatekeeper

wel dit sal van dis selde node af kom al wat tussen ons is is die kerk eks op die ander kant van dit

Gatekeeper

FeedBack....

Good Morning,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the delayed response. We have been inundated with queries and have not been able to respond to queries as promptly as we would like to.

The FTTH service is primarily aimed at residential complexes, housing complexes and blocks of flats. We cannot unfortunately install the FTTH service to a single dwelling unless it is in an already provisioned fibre area.

We can install the service to a residential street/suburb but to do so, a minimum guaranteed combined commitment (R42 950 per month for 24 months) is required from the residents taking up the service. If you feel as though you can rally this kind of commitment from your neighbours, we can by all means, start a process.

For installations taking place in residential suburbs/streets, the FTTH service is only available on a 24 month contract term. Once the minimum guaranteed commitment has been obtained, Cybersmart will then proceed with the installation of the FTTH service.

Please feel free to contact us should you have any additional questions.
Regards
XXX

Gatekeeper

My Reply

Sorry for the late reply. could you please kindly explain the physical installation I'm having a hard time getting around a few things that I need to explain to the community.

1. Dark Fiber States on its open access page DFA Open Access. : we develop the physical infrastructure, we carry the cost of finance and construction
2. One of the installers are Conduct. on their Service Page it states : The fibre utility is provided at no cost to the occupant or user. There is no installation cost, or line rental, nor any obligation on the occupant to use the fibre utility.

I am still trying to figure out why you would require the R42 950.00 when all the fibre installers are clearly stating that they carry the costs of the installations.
I already have 40+ Residents in the Florauna, Pretoria North alot of the consumers will be guest houses area willing to freely signup, but they require the information as alot of them have done their homework and need answers which in total if say most of them are willing to jump onto the 50Mb - R1500 Package which will = R60000.00 they although need a commitment for what they will be paying the installation...?

Please can someone get back to me asap as to finalize with the residents / businesses in the area. as mentioned the furthest client will be max 2km away from the closest point as the Florauna area sits in between the Rachel De Beer [R513] and the Ben Viljoen which are live access points.

JohnnyBravo

My Reply

Sorry for the late reply. could you please kindly explain the physical installation I'm having a hard time getting around a few things that I need to explain to the community.

1. Dark Fiber States on its open access page DFA Open Access. : we develop the physical infrastructure, we carry the cost of finance and construction
2. One of the installers are Conduct. on their Service Page it states : The fibre utility is provided at no cost to the occupant or user. There is no installation cost, or line rental, nor any obligation on the occupant to use the fibre utility.

I am still trying to figure out why you would require the R42 950.00 when all the fibre installers are clearly stating that they carry the costs of the installations.
I already have 40+ Residents in the Florauna, Pretoria North alot of the consumers will be guest houses area willing to freely signup, but they require the information as alot of them have done their homework and need answers which in total if say most of them are willing to jump onto the 50Mb - R1500 Package which will = R60000.00 they although need a commitment for what they will be paying the installation...?

Please can someone get back to me asap as to finalize with the residents / businesses in the area. as mentioned the furthest client will be max 2km away from the closest point as the Florauna area sits in between the Rachel De Beer [R513] and the Ben Viljoen which are live access points.

Hi there

Has there been any additional interest in the area? I am in Emily Hobhouse Avenue, about half a block from the High School. I will definitely sign up should anyone be willing to install.

Regards,
J.

Gatekeeper

my latest reply from lightspeed :

The location provided definitely falls into the general fibre coverage area however we do not currently have the area set up as a FTTH precinct. We can install the service to the entire location but to do so, a minimum guaranteed combined commitment of (R43 800 per month for 24 months) is required from the residents taking up the service. If you feel as though you can rally this kind of commitment from your neighbours, we can by all means, start a process which will take 90 days turnaround time to install the FTTH service to your premises.

Gatekeeper

Please see the pricing and restructuring on the website now allowing a single individual to have the fibre installed

http://www.lightspeed.co.za/index.php#faqheader

What is the setup fee?
Setup fees are as follows:
R15, 000 as a single payment
or R4000 upfront and
R1000 per month over 12 months.

At least now we can go ahead and place orders without having the whole area make a combined commitment.

HavocXphere

Honorary Master
You're asking them to roll out a complete network infrastructure to an area they haven't even considered...so I don't think they're being unreasonable in asking for a fixed commitment before starting (very expensive) trenching etc.

Comparing it to DFA is also not 100% fair...mainly because DFA has tons of fibre in the ground already all over Gauteng so there are a lot of areas which are already kinda close to the gear they already have & the can hook it up for much cheaper than would be feasible here.

I can't comment on the 40k requirement as a number, but don't be too quick to judge them as unreasonable.

At least now we can go ahead and place orders without having the whole area make a combined commitment.
They also require a bulk commitment if memory serves...i.e. that info is contingent on sufficient interest.

Quattro!

Hi Gatekeeper

I have been searching the web for any FTTH initiative in the area, am glad I discovered your thread. I fall under Theresapark, just around Sasol garage. Is there any progress with the attempt to get support for fiber roll-out and is the initiative still ongoing?

werfie

Expert Member
Ek bly ondertoe in Pretoria-Noord, so ek kan nie jou cause help nie jammer. Ek sal seker nooit FTTH sien daar by my nie, ons het immers nou eers onlangs spoeltoilette gekry.

Gatekeeper

Hey Quattro!

So far the Lightspeed guys are willing to cooperate / help if we can get signups in the area.
So yes the initiative is still going I will keep the forum posted with any updates, but for time being you can sign up on their website to
show interest as there is dark fibre running down Rachael De Beer ..

Quattro!

Hey Quattro!

So far the Lightspeed guys are willing to cooperate / help if we can get signups in the area.
So yes the initiative is still going I will keep the forum posted with any updates, but for time being you can sign up on their website to
show interest as there is dark fibre running down Rachael De Beer ..

Alright....I have also sent a request to the body corporate at our complex (plus two other complex next to ours) to check if other residents have interest.

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I'm in Dorandia X10, quite close the the Rachel de Beer primary school, but this is a bit out of the area you are lobbying for?
Also, speaking of schools, have you considered trying to onboard schools in the area?

Gatekeeper

Sorry guys at the moment nothing whatsoever. Ive tried the BitCo wireless route but although there is coverage one the map
the highsite is on Wonderboom side of the mountain so it does not help much... If anyone knows of anything else in the are please post
but dont worry wont give up im still searching and waiting for DFA to come back to me