Florauna, Pretoria North - Fibre Signups Please Help.

Quattro!

Great. I take we all agree on 123Net Fibre. I will send a request to 123Net to group all sign-ups coming from (Theresapark, Ninapark, Florauna, Dorandia, Wolmer, Heatherview, Heatherdale ,Tileba)into one interest / expansion area. Did I miss any area?

Feedback on the request to group our areas into one:
[Me]

Hi 123Net Fibre Team

We are busy trying to get people to send request for FTTH interest by signup on you website.

However due to our suburbs been small we would like to request that you group all sign-ups coming from this areas (Theresapark, Ninapark, Florauna, Dorandia, Wolmer, Heatherview, Heatherdale , Hesteapark Tileba) into one called Pretoria North.

A number of people on the mybroadband page below have indicated that they already signed up for FTTH on your website. We will appreciate it if you could group those areas into one.

http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthr...retoria-North-Fibre-Signups-Please-Help/page3

I know that you require about 300 -350 sign-up. Previously I sent through an email which I haven't got response on; basically on that email I just want find out how many (minimum) sign-ups you require before an area can start appearing on you expansion list based on demand from a particular area. Hence now the request to group sign-ups from the areas above into one.

Thank you

[Response from 123Net Fibre]

Hi there Thibedi

Thanks for your email and enquiry. I'll have our MyBB representative monitor that thread and I've passed on your request to our technical planning team.

All the best,
Cath
123NET

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I've singed up as well. Also sent on the thread link to a couple of friends in the area.

Gatekeeper

Hi guys just an update : The guys from Neotel were out bout an hour ago doing tests for the LTE @ -107dBm in the
Florauna area. The test was only getting max 5mb down 384k up, I spoke to the support guys they say the location of the
tower and high building in the North Park area along with congestion on the BaseStation will not be advised to install until
they get more towers up. currently only 2km away from the BaseStation so for now Neotel is out of the question along
with Bitco failing on the elevation test. to pas the test they need below -80dBm for the area or no install.
Thanks Guys.

Quattro!

Hi guys just an update : The guys from Neotel were out bout an hour ago doing tests for the LTE @ -107dBm in the
Florauna area. The test was only getting max 5mb down 384k up, I spoke to the support guys they say the location of the
tower and high building in the North Park area along with congestion on the BaseStation will not be advised to install until
they get more towers up. currently only 2km away from the BaseStation so for now Neotel is out of the question along
with Bitco failing on the elevation test. to pas the test they need below -80dBm for the area or no install.
Thanks Guys.

Thanks for trying. Yesterday it took 6 hours to download the new version of Kali (On MTN Edge). Reception in the area is bad.

123NET fibre Team

123NET representative
Company Rep
Hi everyone, just letting you know that I will be getting my guys to look at the suburbs you have mentioned as soon as possible.

Once we have assessed the situation we will let you know if we can do anything to help your progress on our expansions page ;)

DWPTA

Expert Member
Hi everyone, just letting you know that I will be getting my guys to look at the suburbs you have mentioned as soon as possible.

Once we have assessed the situation we will let you know if we can do anything to help your progress on our expansions page ;)

homer-woohoo_thumb.jpg

werfie

Expert Member
Lost track of the thread a bit, but I signed up with them now.

Quattro!

Great 123Net Fibre Team very responsive. Will await your feedback and suggestions. In the meantime I will prepare some flyers.

Biks666

Sheesh cant wait :) - Just had my DSL installed last month - What a nightmare it was.

Does anyone have an idea where in Ninapark the exchange is located - Hens I am only able get 4mbps DSL not the 10mbps Telkom promised.

Quattro!

Sheesh cant wait :) - Just had my DSL installed last month - What a nightmare it was.

Does anyone have an idea where in Ninapark the exchange is located - Hens I am only able get 4mbps DSL not the 10mbps Telkom promised.

No idea . My application with Telkom was declined , reason being no infrastructure. I resides just behind Sasol garage. Good think they declined I would have never thought about lobbying for FTTH.

Biks666

No idea . My application with Telkom was declined , reason being no infrastructure. I resides just behind Sasol garage. Good think they declined I would have never thought about lobbying for FTTH.

Mmm - My friend also residing in Ninapark was declined DSL in 2013 due to Telkom busy "upgrading" exchanges to support FTTH.

Gatekeeper

If we get Florauna / Pretoria North onto that expansion list im getting everyone I know in the area to sign up
Thanks 123 !!!

Quattro!

If we get Florauna / Pretoria North onto that expansion list im getting everyone I know in the area to sign up
Thanks 123 !!!

Getting a spot on the expansion list will make marketing for sign-ups much easier

123NET fibre Team

123NET representative
Company Rep
Hi guys, I have an update for you. These suburbs currently have the following number of signups:

Your suburbs mentioned in this thread:

Heatherdale AH - 1
Heatherview - 1
Ninapark - 3
Theresapark - 3
Florauna - 7
Dorandia - 2
Wolmer - 0
Tileba - 0

Other suburbs picked up by our database:

Pretoria North - 6
Hesteapark - 1
Karenpark - 1
The Orchards - 1

That is a total of 26 signups from all surburbs. It seems like Google classifies some of the suburbs you mentioned as part of Akasia, nor Pretoria North. - If we are able to combine areas, it will probably be some of these suburbs from Pretoria North & Akasia. We're still looking into it.

Will keep you posted ;)

Quattro!

Hi guys, I have an update for you. These suburbs currently have the following number of signups:

Your suburbs mentioned in this thread:

Heatherdale AH - 1
Heatherview - 1
Ninapark - 3
Theresapark - 3
Florauna - 7
Dorandia - 2
Wolmer - 0
Tileba - 0

Other suburbs picked up by our database:

Pretoria North - 6
Hesteapark - 1
Karenpark - 1
The Orchards - 1

That is a total of 26 signups from all surburbs. It seems like Google classifies some of the suburbs you mentioned as part of Akasia, nor Pretoria North. - If we are able to combine areas, it will probably be some of these suburbs from Pretoria North & Akasia. We're still looking into it.

Will keep you posted ;)

Thanks for the feedback. The Google Map classifications that you get are correct. Indeed the combined area will consist of suburbs from Akasia and Pretoria North.

Pretoria North is used as a generic name that is commonly utilized when referring to that part of the north of Pretoria.

Let's get those sign-up going , it seems like 123Net Fibre is more than willing to take up the entire area. That means we can also extend the invite to our friends in Karenpark, and Orchards area.

https://123net.co.za/en/front/forms/home

Gatekeeper

Technically these are all combined I think only excluding :

Hesteapark , Karenpark , The Orchards , Heatherdale , Heatherview

But looking distance wise we are all down the road from each other. could not see why they would not combine them
as one area... Let the singnups begin