Florauna, Pretoria North - Fibre Signups Please Help.

Jaseyyxx

My friend just told me they installed pole mounted fibre box (me just guessing) behind his house. Sorry for picture; was getting dark when he took it.
You're almost there

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
My friend just told me they installed pole mounted fibre box (me just guessing) behind his house. Sorry for picture; was getting dark when he took it.

ah, think that is going to happen here as well....

now I just wonder if they plan on straightening the damn pole :mad:

now the thing is, with pole mounted, what would fall under their "allowance" to get the cable to the right place in the house?

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
Pole is actually fairly new. They replaced it about 2 years ago. Picture is just a bit at an angle :D

I think Openserve stop at this box. From there to termination point inside house will be by ISP's contractor :unsure:

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
Pole is actually fairly new. They replaced it about 2 years ago. Picture is just a bit at an angle :D

I think Openserve stop at this box. From there to termination point inside house will be by ISP's contractor :unsure:

hahahahahahaha

no I meant the pole by us :D

it's almost 45deg :p (over exaggeration ofc)

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
So I just got a call from Openserve. To arrange installation of line and point tomorrow. Will keep you updated

Same for my friend

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
So I just got a call from Openserve. To arrange installation of line and point tomorrow. Will keep you updated

Same for my friend

please don't

you will just make us even more jealous :(

so, where are we on CONFIRMED installations so far?

need them to stop working around us dammit and get to our area :mad:

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
please don't

you will just make us even more jealous :(

so, where are we on CONFIRMED installations so far?

need them to stop working around us dammit and get to our area :mad:
:D

Unfortruantely I can't update. They are busy installing the line now, but I had to go to a meeting in Joburg, so the wife is overseeing it.

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
So, installation was done. Took about 1.5 hours. They did a nice job; very neat. It helped that I prepared end last year, seeing as I have a flat roof. I think in ground will be a bit more work, but I am happy.

Took another hour to get access details sorted. But now getting 194Mbps down and 97Mbps up on line. Samsung S10 getting about 180Mbps. Older wireless stufd a bit slower at 79Mbps, but that's fine with me.

No comes the hard part; cancelling Telkom

ENIAC

Currently also on load shedding, running the router and all Ap's on a UPS.
Defs recommend getting one with fibre.

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
So, installation was done. Took about 1.5 hours. They did a nice job; very neat. It helped that I prepared end last year, seeing as I have a flat roof. I think in ground will be a bit more work, but I am happy.

Took another hour to get access details sorted. But now getting 194Mbps down and 97Mbps up on line. Samsung S10 getting about 180Mbps. Older wireless stufd a bit slower at 79Mbps, but that's fine with me.

No comes the hard part; cancelling Telkom

JELLY!!!!! :(

so where was your line coming in, in comparison to where you have your router?

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
Luckily in the same place the telephone line was. That's why I did not have a problem with overhead line. Underground would have been a problem for me

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
Openserve have been very busy the last week. They have been splicing quite a bit in the area. So, I don't think it will be too long, for the people in the Openserve area.

Last edited: