Florauna, Pretoria North - Fibre Signups Please Help.

Snow11

To be honest I cannot wait for Openserve to expand. I saw posters near Ninapark Spar that they are coming. MFN is saying nothing at all about a possible live date. Last I've heard was end of January.

Khathum

To be honest I cannot wait for Openserve to expand. I saw posters near Ninapark Spar that they are coming. MFN is saying nothing at all about a possible live date. Last I've heard was end of January.

The frustration for me is that Openserve is very mum about their rollout plan.

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
I hate that they split our area like that :(

would have been super if we just had Openserve, but I guess beggars can't be choosers :(

b1scu1t

Just an update from Theresapark, Akasia in case it's useful to anyone as I'm thinking that Florauna should be progressing more than below Rachel De Beer Rd?
They're busy digging trenches here and started in front of our house on Wednesday:D

I absolutely can't wait to get rid of this Rain 5G POS. The drops to ADSL speeds and 100ms+ jitter is so painful.

Last edited:

Snow11

I saw some Openserve workers and cars around Florauna. Busy with cables in Berg Ave at the golf course. Also saw MFN is busy in Theresapark and Tileba areas.

Snow11

Just got an email from MFN. Ninapark is now live! My big question is do I wait for Openserve or stick with MFN?

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
Just got an email from MFN. Ninapark is now live! My big question is do I wait for Openserve or stick with MFN?
Tough decision (although good place to be in :D)

Just as an example looking at highest speeds on ...... say Afrihost (most ISP's are in the same ballpark):
Openserve 200Mbps/100Mbps - R1117
Metrofibre 100Mbps/100Mbps - R1419, 200Mbps/200Mbps - R2087

Snow11

Well as the AH rep told before Openserve is the better choice but I am not sure how long they are going take.

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
interesting: saw some digging being done by Openserve in Brits Rd, the one next to Rachel across from the golf course

and also how they were digging was only spot here and there, not trenching

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
decided it was finally time to leave the house for a bit :p

went down 1st Ave towards Wonder Park and damn, just digging everywhere

hopefully some time some actual cabling will get done too :D

Last edited: