Florauna, Pretoria North - Fibre Signups Please Help.

Khathum

Finally got fibre today, apparently the MF contractors screwed up Ninapark and Florauna, the suburbs are live but some streets are not live.

8364020f78252154b947cd57680a7d9d.jpg

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
oo oo, about 2 houses away from us starting to trench

and just around the block

what was the estimated time frame one would be looking from point of trenching to actually having working fibre?

werfie

Expert Member
oo oo, about 2 houses away from us starting to trench

and just around the block

what was the estimated time frame one would be looking from point of trenching to actually having working fibre?

Awesome!!!!!

Our trenching done, closed and pavements restored. Now we wait.....................

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
on the 1 hand I am getting totally excited

on the other, I totally dread when there is down time :(

Hook

My ISP, Axxess, delivered their router today. So now we wait for Metrofibre to complete the install. ie install ONT and connect the fibre running from my TP to boundary box in the street to fibre from the network inside the boundary box.

Last edited:

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
this inching closer to our house, house by house, is killing me :(

:D

eager to see what they will be doing on our corner, as we have 1 side almost full paving and the other full grass

btw, did any of you have to give your hoses so that they could water the ground for the digging?

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu

werfie

Expert Member
this inching closer to our house, house by house, is killing me :(

:D

eager to see what they will be doing on our corner, as we have 1 side almost full paving and the other full grass

btw, did any of you have to give your hoses so that they could water the ground for the digging?
Our neighbours had to give their hose. They really restore neatly where they damage (on a couple of places, they even repaired previously broken/skewed paving and kerbs.

You think this wait is long. wait until they are done and disappear, not knowing what is happening next... that is really going to get to you :ROFL::ROFL:

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
Our neighbours had to give their hose. They really restore neatly where they damage (on a couple of places, they even repaired previously broken/skewed paving and kerbs.

You think this wait is long. wait until they are done and disappear, not knowing what is happening next... that is really going to get to you :ROFL::ROFL:

why did you have to go and say that now :crying:

SykomantiS

Expert Member
And? Were they there? Photos?
Nuuskierige agie! :ROFL:

Yes, they were, a couple hours early, took just about an hour and a half. They rocked up around 09h30-ish (may be out by 10 or so minutes here) and they finished up around 11h00, they were only supposed to start at 11h00. Not that I'm complaining. There's not much photos to show. We have a new pvc pipe going up the side of the garage and into the ceiling, and a shiny new plastic box in the study. Apart from that, you'll never say they were here.

mfn_install_outside_1.jpg mfn_install_outside_2.jpg

mfn_install_inside.jpg

• Love

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Now I have to decide on my ISP. I see the new prices they announced aren't showing yet and I assume it won't show on the partner ISP websites either. Really leaning towards the WebAfrica promo, just curious what others are offering.

Edit, the installer also said it will be about a month before the fibre is live/activated.

Hook

Nuuskierige agie! :ROFL:

Yes, they were, a couple hours early, took just about an hour and a half. They rocked up around 09h30-ish (may be out by 10 or so minutes here) and they finished up around 11h00, they were only supposed to start at 11h00. Not that I'm complaining. There's not much photos to show. We have a new pvc pipe going up the side of the garage and into the ceiling, and a shiny new plastic box in the study. Apart from that, you'll never say they were here.

View attachment 1056555 View attachment 1056557

View attachment 1056553
Looks exactly like my install that they did in mid Feb. At that stage the guys said the fibre wasn't yet floated through so he couldn't plug in the connector inside the boundary box in the street. So everything is there and my cable is also labled inside the boundary box. It just needs to be plugged in. I guess it could be already because the fibre floating was also done a while ago. I've orderd 100/100 Mbps service from Axxess 2 weeks ago and they delivery their router a bit more than a week ago. So now I'm waiting for Metrofibre to come and complete the install. ie plug in the fibre in the street and install and test ONT. Then I will connect the router supplied by Axxess. The new prices from Metrofibre will only be kicking in on 1st June 2021. Thus other ISPs will also wait till that time.