Florauna, Pretoria North - Fibre Signups Please Help.

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
how do these guys trench?

they did half way down the street next to us, but stopped like 1 house short of us

also had the shading on the opposite side, but stopped even shorter

and now apparently they have moved 2 streets down from us :unsure:

werfie

Expert Member
Someone's coming to install something this afternoon at 14:00.

I am not sure what... I assume the termination point. Contractor is FTTH Telecoms & Construction.

Hook

Someone's coming to install something this afternoon at 14:00.

I am not sure what... I assume the termination point. Contractor is FTTH Telecoms & Construction.
So what did they install? Just the TP? How was the experience?

werfie

Expert Member
So what did they install? Just the TP? How was the experience?

Yeah. The TP

Wasnt bad. Was relaively fast. They were a bit late. But two teams of 3 people rocked up, dug where I wanted to and they restored everything well enough :)

Now I'll wait to hear from Afrihost.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Yeah. The TP

Wasnt bad. Was relaively fast. They were a bit late. But two teams of 3 people rocked up, dug where I wanted to and they restored everything well enough :)

Do you have a FTTx number already?

Hook

Yeah. The TP

They did my TP mid Feb, they arrived a bit early. Did a good job, placed right next to my 4U rack. I also pre-ordered from Axxess a 100Mbps/100Mbps package. They sent me an email on the 9th of April to say the network is now live and I can confirm my order to go ahead. I did that the same day, Friday the 9th. My router arrived by courier the next week Tuesday. They said the network provider will then send a contractor to finish the installation. Thus install the ONT and plug it into the TP, also make sure the cable is connected in the boundary box and make sure it sees the network. When that is done I can plug in the router and activate my account at the ISP. Axxess, like Afrihost uses DHCP on Metrofibre and not PPPoE. Well tomorrow on the 30th of April it will be 3 weeks since I've ordered my service and still waiting. I did receive an email from Axxess last Friday to say they can't say exactly when Metrofibre will do their thing but that I should expect a call from them within a week or so. The contractor that installed my TP, PHP Installations said they also do the final connections but usually only for Metrofibre'a ISP itself. They contacted me from a business WhatsApp account. Since I tend to not answer 087 numbers maybe I missed them. From what type of number did FTTH installations contact you?

Hook

So do anybody know of anyone in Pretoria North/ Wolmer that actually have their Metrofibre FNO Internet connection up and running using any ISP ? I mean its been live for more than a month now. This coming Friday it will be 4 weeks since I've placed my order with my ISP Axxxess. My TP was installed in Feb.

Sadam4090

We have SUPER CHEAP uncapped fibre packages available.
Wan4u and MetroFibre are partnering, to bring you great fibre deals.
Come and dare to compare our prices!!!
1f601.png
https://ftthorder.metrofibre.co.za/marke.../marketplaceindex
For more information please visit us on www.wan4u.co.za
Only Available in Gauteng
WAN4U POSTER 2021-04-20.jpg

SykomantiS

Expert Member
I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works here, those are 24 month contracts, while everyone else is offering month to month. Just thought I'd say it out loud.

Sadam4090

Hi, yes it is a 24-month contract. Thereafter it is on a month to month contract term

werfie

Expert Member
Hi, yes it is a 24-month contract. Thereafter it is on a month to month contract term

24 month contracts are archaic and dead. The service you provide should be your contract. If you are not confident that you can convince your customers to stay for 24 months (or longer) with your offering, there may be a problem.

Sadam4090

Hi, Wan4u is in business since 2001. We have nothing to hide and try our best to give customers the best service possible. With our Fibre and Wireless contracts, you have the option to cancel in the 1st 2 months if you are not satisfied with our service.

werfie

Expert Member
So do anybody know of anyone in Pretoria North/ Wolmer that actually have their Metrofibre FNO Internet connection up and running using any ISP ? I mean its been live for more than a month now. This coming Friday it will be 4 weeks since I've placed my order with my ISP Axxxess. My TP was installed in Feb.

My Fibre "should" be activated today. The contractor was here to check, said the main line wasn't live but will contact MetroFibre in the area, they will make it live today and then it can be activated :D

I have to say, this must be the most punctual lot I've ever seen. Always rocks up at 8 on the dot.

Reactions: Yuu

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
My Fibre "should" be activated today. The contractor was here to check, said the main line wasn't live but will contact MetroFibre in the area, they will make it live today and then it can be activated :D

I have to say, this must be the most punctual lot I've ever seen. Always rocks up at 8 on the dot.

Almost there. Let us know us know the experience on MetroFibre. Did you go for the 200Mbps option?

Hook

Your TP was installed on the 29th of April and Metrofibre came to complete on the 13th of May. Basically 2 weeks. I think network went live at roughly beginning of April.
My TP was installed on the 8th of Feb. ISP pre-order confirmed on the 9th of April and I'm still waiting almost 5 weeks later for Metrofibre to make my fibre live. And we live in the same area.
I've got @Captain Axxess looking into it for me. Holding thumbs.

• Sad
Reactions: Yuu