Florauna, Pretoria North - Fibre Signups Please Help.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Nope. I also don't get it. Only IPV4, Even though IPV6 is enabled on the router.

Can you send me a screenshot of the IPv6 settings and the status of the IPv6.

We never seen your router asking for a lease once.

Hook

Anyone else offline this morning ? I saw it going off just before I went to work just after 7:00 this morning. ONT seems fine. Router can't get IP (IPv4).
Didn't see any reports on Afrihost's site. Could be on my side.

Hook

Ok, I remote rebooted my router and my fibre link came back up again and got an IP. Strange. I will have to look into it.

werfie

Expert Member
Anyone else offline this morning ? I saw it going off just before I went to work just after 7:00 this morning. ONT seems fine. Router can't get IP (IPv4).
Didn't see any reports on Afrihost's site. Could be on my side.
Same with me.

Started working on its own again, but then off again, I rebooted and now it seems fine.

Hook

What is strange to me is that I'm using my Mikrotik router. That thing shouldn't need a reboot to fix DHCP. :) Could be a firmware bug in it. My Huawei router supplied by Afrihost I only use as a reference router to get things working.

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
so, for those who are live, any change in that speed or was that for 1 July?

I see Mweb now has the 200/200 for R1200

Hook

Yes, I've ordered 100/100 initially and because my install was late May it was bumped to 200/200 from the start. I'm paying R1297. The speed changes was scheduled to go live from 1st of Jun. Most of the people on Metrofibre FNO has been bumped. They are doing the upgrades in stages and as I understand everyone should be upgraded by the 15th.

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
Yes, I've ordered 100/100 initially and because my install was late May it was bumped to 200/200 from the start. I'm paying R1297. The speed changes was scheduled to go live from 1st of Jun. Most of the people on Metrofibre FNO has been bumped. They are doing the upgrades in stages and as I understand everyone should be upgraded by the 15th.

noice

although I think we still might just go 100/100, it was nice seeing the 200/200 as an option

now if only they can start laying down the damn fibre dammit :mad:

Hook

that's like saying I will eventually grow a beard and not just bum fluff....

I am already getting to my 40s you know :crying:
Ah, so you still have a lot of time to wait ;) Nah just kidding! Yeah I know the frustration, waiting and waiting. Right now my fibre link is off, like in no signal (light) with red alarm LED on. My fibre's been live for two weeks now and in the two weeks it was off twice, three times if you count glitches. First time was a day and a half, but that was because we tried to get the IPv6 on and had the ONT re-provisioned, which failed. 2 days ago a glitch for an hour and a half, and now completely dead before the weekend. Luckily the ADSL cancels only end of next month.

Hook

Just to let you guys know. My link is up again. Saw the red alarm light was off this morning and the PON light was constant on. Speedtest confirmed link is up again.
Thanks @AfriNatic for awesome service yet again !

I think I will let this thread serve as a log or document of my experience here in Pretoria North, of getting/installing and running fibre internet in a home. Maybe it helps someone else :)

SykomantiS

Expert Member
Sooo.... Lovely Friday pressie.

Only issue I have now is I actually ordered a 100mbps line but got provisioned with a 200mbps :laugh:

I just want to say thank you to @AfriNatic for all of his help. He's been a great help in getting the MFN issues on my address resolved and moving things along. Thanks muchly! :)