Florauna, Pretoria North - Fibre Signups Please Help.

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
put pre-order in this morning for a 100/100, so now the wait begins

oh wait, I mean it continues

ADSL now out for a week and today they say it's resolved, yet a few people still on it still no connection :(

plugger123

Saw some guys working on the fibre hole outside my house and asked them when it will be live. The guy said it is already live ??!! ... So, I said they haven't contacted me yet to have it switched on and he said, I must contact my ISP to let them switch it on... so, I'm waiting for monday to contact my ISP...

I think they are probably still in the finalization stages and testing everything before they take it live officially..

cavedog

Honorary Master
Saw some guys working on the fibre hole outside my house and asked them when it will be live. The guy said it is already live ??!! ... So, I said they haven't contacted me yet to have it switched on and he said, I must contact my ISP to let them switch it on... so, I'm waiting for monday to contact my ISP...

I think they are probably still in the finalization stages and testing everything before they take it live officially..

Who is the ISP?

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
just checked now and according to the MF site, Dorandia is also now LIVE

so how long should we expect something from now?

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
so got our ONT (so now have both boxes) installed today but ISP still says it isn't live :(

itching to give that 100/100 a test run

plugger123

so got our ONT (so now have both boxes) installed today but ISP still says it isn't live :(

itching to give that 100/100 a test run
Still waiting for the ONT this side... o_O If you wait years for something and are finally about to get it there is quite a big itch that needs to be scratched as soon as possible.. :ROFL:

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
Oh yeah!! :D :ROFL: :unsure::p

thanks for at least letting me enjoy my 100/100 for 5mins :(

:D :p

@AfriNatic could I bother you to maybe check if your system has our area as LIVE?

suggested you to someone so hope they don't get turned down that it isn't live yet

I do see the site says we are still on pre-order stage

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
thanks for at least letting me enjoy my 100/100 for 5mins :(

:D :p

@AfriNatic could I bother you to maybe check if your system has our area as LIVE?

suggested you to someone so hope they don't get turned down that it isn't live yet

I do see the site says we are still on pre-order stage

Yeah drop me a pm with the address and area let me see what the ordering portal shows.

MEG101

I am eagerly waiting for Vuma to get back to me when my complex will be live, even though there is a Vuma point in front of the gate. Both my neighbors have active fiber lines installed, we in in the middle have no fiber access, as according to Vuma the complex is not "live" I guess I have to wait patiently until the cows come home...

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
I am eagerly waiting for Vuma to get back to me when my complex will be live, even though there is a Vuma point in front of the gate. Both my neighbors have active fiber lines installed, we in in the middle have no fiber access, as according to Vuma the complex is not "live" I guess I have to wait patiently until the cows come home...

hmmmm

which part of the North has Vuma?

thought we only had Openserve and Metro

MEG101

hmmmm

which part of the North has Vuma?

thought we only had Openserve and Metro
In my small town of Mookgophong (Naboomspruit) Limpopo. Vumatel has rolled out infrastructure around town. They have connected all the houses and my Complex is not "live" as of yet. Herotel is busy rolling out their network around town, hopefully they will be able to help me...

MonkeysUncle

Expert Member
Have not checked in here for a while. Seems people are getting connected now. Congrats and enjoy the upgrade from ADSL :D.

Just for info. I see Openserve now has a 500 Mbps down/200 Mbps up available (only checked on Afrihost). Not sure if available in our area yet