Floyd Shivambu's brother looted VBS Mutual Bank - Full List

3WA

Executive Member
Brian Shivambu?
No.

I was making a joke at the expense of the intellect of EFF supporters. They left the ANC/ANCYL because they were ostensibly upset with Zuma's corruption, yet their own leader has very similar circumstances. Now that another corruption claim is made against another EFF leader, maybe they will move their anti-corruption crusade to the BLF.

It's a joke because Andile, get this, is also suspected to be corrupt!

ForceFate

Honorary Master
No.

I was making a joke at the expense of the intellect of EFF supporters. They left the ANC/ANCYL because they were ostensibly upset with Zuma's corruption, yet their own leader has very similar circumstances. Now that another corruption claim is made against another EFF leader, maybe they will move their anti-corruption crusade to the BLF.

It's a joke because Andile, get this, is also suspected to be corrupt!
Ah, I see

konfab

Honorary Master
Monday, you're raging against Nhlanhla for allowing his son to profit unduly

Wednesday, your brother took some of the R16M from VBS

Life comes at you fast.
Friday you are on a podium lecturing the proles about the evils of Capitalism in an Armani suit.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Same people who left ANC for EFF cause they were fed up with corruption.
I was thinking that it had something to do with Charl Cilliers, I have a feeling he is going to get some special attention from the BLF.

Gordon_R

Executive Member
A few more details of the names on the list: https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2018-10-10-r2bn-looted-from-corrupt-rotten-vbs-bank-says-report/

Those who the report says received over R30-million in gratuitous payments include: former ANCYL Limpopo leader and businessman Kabelo Matsepe, former KPMG partner Sipho Malaba, former VBS treasurer Phophi Mukhodobwane, the Venda king’s attorney Paul Makhavu, and Vele CEO Robert Madzonga.
It also suggests that the authorities immediately try to recover the ustolen money through sequestration orders. Chartered accountants and lawyers involved should be reported to their industry bodies and their professional statuses stripped.

greg0205

Honorary Master
Friday you are on a podium lecturing the proles about the evils of Capitalism in an Armani suit.
No doubt.

Also, EFF twitter is amazing right now... The same folk who just know that Nhlanhla is guilty 'cos Siyabonga and that Jacob is guilty 'cos Duduzane, are now all, "Brian? Nope, Floyd doesn't know him."

3WA

Executive Member
No doubt.

Also, EFF twitter is amazing right now... The same folk who just know that Nhlanhla is guilty 'cos Siyabonga and that Jacob is guilty 'cos Duduzane, are now all, "Brian? Nope, Floyd doesn't know him."
It’s hilarious. Shivhambu is not responsible for his brother but Zuma is responsible for his son. And next week they’ll remind us that white people are responsible for their entire race.

thechamp

Honorary Master
It’s hilarious. Shivhambu is not responsible for his brother but Zuma is responsible for his son. And next week they’ll remind us that white people are responsible for their entire race.
Not saying I agree with the accusations against Nene and his son but it is a little different when you father or your next of kin is the head of the institution which you benefited from. Floyd was not in any position of influence at the bank, for such similarities to be drawn.
This guilty by association idea is silly anyway.

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2018-10-11-the-shivambu-brothers-and-the-great-vbs-heist/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

The EFF has allegedly received R1.3-million illegally flowing from VBS Mutual Bank into the party’s bank account, three sources told Scorpio.

Floyd Shivambu’s younger brother, Brian, allegedly funneled around R10-million through a company called Sgameka Projects into Floyd’s personal bank account, the same sources said. Brian is the sole director of Sgameka Projects.
So Floyd is directly implicated.

3WA

Executive Member

thechamp

Honorary Master
Pauli van Wyk's source is saying that the Shivhambu's bank statements show that money flowed from one to the other. This is not in the VBS report since it’s not directly related to the bank.

See paragraph 3 https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2018-10-11-the-shivambu-brothers-and-the-great-vbs-heist/
Oh, I see. That looks bad for Floyd and the EFF.

air

Expert Member

Gordon_R

Executive Member
What I don't quite get, where is all the rigour with the banks who should be flagging suspect transactions?
<have not read article>
It goes to FIC, who then pass it on to the Hawks and SARS. We know how that story ends...