Floyd Shivambu's brother looted VBS Mutual Bank - Full List

surface

Executive Member
CIC seems so toothless these days. No sexist comments, no disparaging statements about pauli vw, no threatening her with dire consequences, no setting off his supporters on her twitter account. I wonder what happened.

thechamp

Honorary Master
CIC seems so toothless these days. No sexist comments, no disparaging statements about pauli vw, no threatening her with dire consequences, no setting off his supporters on her twitter account. I wonder what happened.
Being sued all over the place is not funny.

surface

Executive Member
Zondo could go on for years...
I really don't see the point of commissions such as these. At a stretch, I think of them as "a justice needs to be seen to be done" kind of thing. Govt might as well put all that money into NPA now that sheep is gone.

R13...

Honorary Master
Former president Jacob Zuma has to cough up R7.3m to pay back his bond from VBS - or he could lose his Nkandla property.

Court papers filed by VBS Mutual Bank's liquidator, Anoosh Rooplal, showed Zuma had defaulted on the multimillion-rand loan extended to him by the bank in 2016.

Rooplal and VBS are asking the court to grant an order forcing Zuma to pay up, or give an order that will allow VBS to execute on the property - a section of land owned by the Ingonyama Trust named Nxamalala Farm, and on which Nkandla is built.
Does the man ever pay for anything?

garp

Executive Member
I really don't see the point of commissions such as these. At a stretch, I think of them as "a justice needs to be seen to be done" kind of thing. Govt might as well put all that money into NPA now that sheep is gone.
If you ask me, the real commission of enquiry should be into why the NPA is not prosecuting anyone, and why so many of these cases go nowhere, e.g. the On Point trial of Julius Malema that was struck off the roll years ago merely because a witness was ill.

It seems that most of these corruption cases are already well known, and have been for years, with more than enough whistleblowers, witnesses and loads of other prima facie evidence, so there is no point in rehashing it all in a commission instead of in an actual criminal court, the real question is why no prosecutions are forthcoming. And the longer the prosecutions wait, the higher the danger of losing evidence and witnesses.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
So what is your theory?
Do I need a theory? How does that help? Could it be that the Hawks/NPA want an airtight case to minimise suspicions/accusations of political meddling? Do you want them to rush to court with a half cooked case so you can call them incompetent?

Assuming Pauli is right and the man is directly involved in the VBS saga.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Reporters interviewed Malema and he denies everything saying there is no proof.

At 14:57 a reporter calls him the p word. So funny.
Wowsers. Too much to digest right now. But:

He starts off saying he cant say anything in case he incriminates himself.

Then he won't sue because blah blah blah

Then the marquee tent sold tickets at R70000 a piece - which should make SARS pick up their ears.

Then a racist rant about a white afrikaaner policiman trying to stop him at Winnies funeral.

Then how he will definitively deal with those who are white or pink for whatever reason.

Eish. Talk about a soup of tasty stuff to go after him with.

Splinter

Honorary Master
As much as I generally agree with you, in this case I disagree and say the answer is obvious to me. It's sort of like an advertising campaign. Fosters awareness. Then, when the hammer does fall, it's not quite the shock and horror to the "masses" that it might have been.