Floyd Shivambu's brother looted VBS Mutual Bank - Full List

Sollie

Expert Member
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/...y-involved-in-another-scandal-report-20181012
EFF deputy president Floyd Shivambu, already under fire in the VBS Mutual Bank scandal, seems to be embroiled in another scandal linked to a controversial businessman who is being investigated for his role in alleged impropriety at the Public Investment Corporation (PIC).

On Friday the Mail & Guardian reported that it had seen screenshots of text messages believed to be a conversation between Floyd and the businessman that suggest a direct link between the EFF deputy president and his brother Brian Shivambu's business.

thechamp

Honorary Master
Also odd that Floyd also allegedly has his own shady dealings in the same PIC that they were accusing Nene of having shady dealings.

Sollie

Expert Member
Just a beautiful coincidence that Floyd smallernyana skeletons comes out even before they can celebrate their victory over Nene?
We see this type of stuff once the first birdie starts chirping for three reasons. Revenge, you spill the beans on ours, we'll spill on yours. Another where once the first has the courage to chirp, others join in. Then of course the false #MeToo sensationalism.

chrisc

Executive Member
You mean he was not entitled to the money?

My EFF supporter friend is adamant that this report is slanderous fake news and Floyd should issue summons on the Reserve Bank for defamation

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
You mean he was not entitled to the money?

My EFF supporter friend is adamant that this report is slanderous fake news and Floyd should issue summons on the Reserve Bank for defamation
Let him do that... If it's fake news then Floyd is vindicated.. If it's true then it becomes a matter of court record and an undeniable fact... And floyd and the eff are gonna struggle

I obviously doubt he will though because it is true and until it ends up in court he can proclaim Innocence and evil wmc plots etc

thechamp

Honorary Master
It would be very amateurish of Floyd to let his brother deposit the money into his personal account, it just does not sound too convincing.

3WA

Executive Member
Floyd now has the opportunity and resources to sue the Daily Maverick to bankruptcy. Time to deal with these Stratcom apartheid colonists.

In all seriousness, the EFF has nothing to worry about. Their supporters couldn’t join the dots for On-point or the R16m tax bill, they won’t be able to join the dots here.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Floyd now has the opportunity and resources to sue the Daily Maverick to bankruptcy. Time to deal with these Stratcom apartheid colonists.

In all seriousness, the EFF has nothing to worry about. Their supporters couldn’t join the dots for On-point or the R16m tax bill, they won’t be able to join the dots here.
I doubt he has the opportunity... I would be pretty damned sure that the daily maverick have their facts straight.. So floyd and the eff will bluster on in public but steadfastly refuse to take it to court because once they're in court they're buggered..

3WA

Executive Member
I doubt he has the opportunity... I would be pretty damned sure that the daily maverick have their facts straight.. So floyd and the eff will bluster on in public but steadfastly refuse to take it to court because once they're in court they're buggered..
Oh yeah, *we* know that, but it’s fun to argue from the perpective of a hypothetical innocent Floyd.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Oh yeah, *we* know that, but it’s fun to argue from the perpective of a hypothetical innocent Floyd.
Agreed.. It will be funny when his blustering still falls apart and he is nailed for this.. Will be bollocks funny if they wrap it up before next year's election and disbar the eff from running because of this.

R13...

Honorary Master
It would be very amateurish of Floyd to let his brother deposit the money into his personal account, it just does not sound too convincing.
Well Zuma was in power. Law enforcement for corruption or most crimes really were dead so maybe they thought they could get away with it. This actually explains their attacks on Nene, Pravin and the SARB.

3WA

Executive Member
Agreed.. It will be funny when his blustering still falls apart and he is nailed for this.. Will be bollocks funny if they wrap it up before next year's election and disbar the eff from running because of this.
I don’t think there’s any chance of this bringing the EFF down. If the ANC wanted them out, they could already leverage the NPA and Hawks to do it. The ANC sees some role for the EFF.