FlySafair R5 sale - Website down before it starts

John Tempus

Expert Member
Clever. Claim incompetence after thousands line up for raffle flight tickets. At some point a percentage of these people would just pay for the regular flights just to get the waiting ordeal over.

Every single hyped promo related offering in SA is always running into these "woopsie" issues. Either every single company is clueless or it is by design.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Capture.JPG

FlySafair - Creating multiple threads without being a member. Should get a non MyBB award

dunkyd

Expert Member
Got to book and pay then the Oops message...pissed off.

John Tempus

Expert Member
Buys an AIR ticket for R5 to Cape Town... still finds a reason to complain about.
Is there any fine print to this special ? What about the airport duties , would be hilarious if they get a bill at check in for duties.

That aside I just do not see how these guys can subsidize 45000 tickets at R5 without some sort of fineprint catch somewhere in the deal.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident
Is there any fine print to this special ? What about the airport duties , would be hilarious if they get a bill at check in for duties.

That aside I just do not see how these guys can subsidize 45000 tickets at R5 without some sort of fineprint catch somewhere in the deal.
No hidden costs. Ticket is R5. R5 only. Of course plus SMS charge.

Zukat

Can someone explain the business intention behind this?if publicity stunt, then sell for R99 or R199, will have the same influx, but at least with slightly less losses.

Corelli

I actually attempted to book tickets. From 8h30 till 17h00 in the waiting room on 6 devices, all on different networks and nothing went through. Absolutely nothing. Yet some people managed to buy tickets 6-8 times. (Some bought upto 6 tickets at a time). So I am baffled how that worked. Did they have some networks where it gave them priority where some didnt?

So we will point the entire Anonymous group at them

Norrad

I grabbed two for different flights. One to Joburg and one to Slaapstad.

dunkyd

Expert Member
I logged in once. 1 minute 20 to go. Got ticket, gave card details, clicked pay/ continue, got Oops.
Daughter got ticket, paid, is off account yet no further news?