FMF: Cigarette ban in SA could last until 2021

The Magster

Is the wearing of a mask that covers nose and mouth not mandatory, and failure to do so a prosecutable offense?

View attachment 844671
What you don't see here is the invisible force field around the face. This automatically goes into "shield up" mode when his mask is removed. Don't argue with a fool, uh, minister wearing a hat!

Jofran

Is this government intentionally trying to bankrupt the country to create an autocracy in the image of China? The actions certainly seem to indicate that another agenda is at work. There is a great deal of evidence available from renowned virologists and immunologists to support the view that the stringent methods being used here are unnecessary and are in fact counterproductive, both from a health and certainly from an economic point of view.
Despite this, no research seems to have taken place, other than pronouncements from the WHO, which has not covered itself in glory, but has in fact had allegations levelled against it for not having taken China to task in not releasing the outbreak timeously, causing the unbridled spread of the virus. In fact mounting commentary from independent impeccable sources is surfacing concerning the nature of the virus, which needs much more serious investigation. Continuation of the current situation cannot continue as it is weakening the country to a position where adverse financial intervention could challenge our sovereignty and impose financial conditions from which there could be little hope of escape. Greece, and certain African states like Kenya, Zambia and some others have either already succumbed or are well on the way to doing so.

tin4444

Those 2 make a right pair....they should entertain shacking up post lockdown.

Fortunately they both past breeding age.
The horrors, any offspring from that relationship would be a new low for humankind.

wingnut771

Executive Member
Yeah, that helped a raftload with over half a million people "signing a petition" to stop the ban on smoking.

These petitions mean less than TP.

Be the change you want to see in the world. Getting your email address harvested by some rando, is not change.

This will not stop until it is stopped.
its just a nice list for the gestapo.

Brawler

Executive Member
Is this government intentionally trying to bankrupt the country to create an autocracy in the image of China? The actions certainly seem to indicate that another agenda is at work. There is a great deal of evidence available from renowned virologists and immunologists to support the view that the stringent methods being used here are unnecessary and are in fact counterproductive, both from a health and certainly from an economic point of view.
Despite this, no research seems to have taken place, other than pronouncements from the WHO, which has not covered itself in glory, but has in fact had allegations levelled against it for not having taken China to task in not releasing the outbreak timeously, causing the unbridled spread of the virus. In fact mounting commentary from independent impeccable sources is surfacing concerning the nature of the virus, which needs much more serious investigation. Continuation of the current situation cannot continue as it is weakening the country to a position where adverse financial intervention could challenge our sovereignty and impose financial conditions from which there could be little hope of escape. Greece, and certain African states like Kenya, Zambia and some others have either already succumbed or are well on the way to doing so.
Quite possible. More than likely NDZ is just to flippen dom and stubborn.

RaptorSA

Expert Member
FFS are they really predicting that we're going to be in lockdown till 2021? This government is really lost the plot haven't they.
That's literally the least surprising part of all this for me as many of us here saw this coming a mile away.

Here's my prediction:
It'll be a no-brainer for them to justify an almost permanent level 1 at the least, even if there's a vaccine one day (availability issues, cost issues, blaming the "rich" for hogging vaccines, fears of outbreak hotspot issues, herd immunity numbers too low, questions around vaccine effectiveness etc. etc.)... now watch as you see more and more restrictions (for your own good, of course :cautious:) being pushed into the level 1 restrictions and as time goes by a picture of how those restrictions happen to benefit the ruling party will start to emerge, articles will be published, emotions and angry comments will fly, but zero f*ks will be given and nothing will happen, just more of the same, slow slide into banana kingdom.

Last edited:

The Magster

I've been thinking...one does that a lot during a lockdown. Certain high-profile individuals with supposed links to the illegal cigarette trade have been fairly quiet during the past almost 2 months. I suppose one should be happy because way too much airtime is normally given to this individual and his cronies, inside parliament and out. But, I remain suspicious...

MirageF1

Executive Member
A somewhat concerning calculation...

Currently decent pack of rolling tobacco going for 350-400 for 50g.

Extrapolating that out...R8000 per kg!!

Now that's some serious commodity.

Temujin

Executive Member
I've been thinking...one does that a lot during a lockdown. Certain high-profile individuals with supposed links to the illegal cigarette trade have been fairly quiet during the past almost 2 months. I suppose one should be happy because way too much airtime is normally given to this individual and his cronies, inside parliament and out. But, I remain suspicious...
Malema and co will never say they support the tobacco ban, it'll draw too much attention to the loots they are currently getting from it, so they just keep quiet. We'll see them all driving new fancy german sedans soon ;)

The Magster

Malema and co will never say they support the tobacco ban, it'll draw too much attention to the loots they are currently getting from it, so they just keep quiet. We'll see them all driving new fancy german sedans soon ;)
Oh I see. I still think that people are using the lockdown to study subjects they failed miserably at while at school perhaps wanting to improve on the "double letter" fail they received. Perhaps I'm wrong. Maybe I'm the one who's "gerook". See what I did there? :laugh:

Gozzy

How to throw away millions of votes (hopefully) or wait, coming next election, "here's a box of cigs, vote for us"

Groen92

There was a process to be followed - not just drag off and burn.

Firstly, the suspected witch would be secured into a chair at the end of a long pole placed above a deep body of water.
The suspected witch would then be dunked under water for a few minutes at a time.
This process was repeated.
Death by drowning served as evidence of innocence.
Survival confirmed the person was a witch - having punishment of burning at the stake.

Follow established procedure ppl.!

Yup, they didn't write this best-seller for nothing. Time to follow all the tutorials again.