Fnb card deliveries-fnb death wish

Steve Irwin

3 years ago I had major problems getting my renewal card from FNB via CCD couriers. I instructed FNB to mark my account for delivery to the branch only, DID THEY LISTEN-NO Nothing has changed, three years later. CCD want me to stay at home for a WHOLE DAY day as they cannot give a more accurate time and it must be myself with ID to sign. If I am not there, there will be a charge.
Asked what if they do not deliver that day(like happened multiple times the previous time), no problem, I will have to call and reschedule and have to stay at home another day. I told them to deliver it to the branch, now I have been charged for the delivery, which they did not warn me of. WHAT A DISGRACEFUL WAY FOR FNB TO TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS AND ASSUME OUR TIME HAS NO VALUE.

To add insult to injury FNB has elected to communicate with customers only through SECURE CHAT on the app. This is next to useless and terribly time consuming and fruitless. I hate this as there is no traceability/trackability like with emails- HOW CONVENIENT. After 3 hours of back and forth and getting terribly frustrated I substituted 4 special characters as a swear word to show my frustration, I was threatened to have all my services terminated and they terminated any further communication without any resolution. They just do not give a s$%t

Am I unlucky or have others had problems. Time to look for a new bank.

mister

Executive Member
Thanks for the headsup... I wrote an email complaint to them 17 days ago after getting absolutely ****ing nowhere with their retarded chat system, and was about to threaten to close my accounts. Clearly they won't give a **** and would probably be happy to.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
Sounds like you have difficulty expressing your wishes. When you order the card you have the option of choosing where they deliver to. It’s fine via the app if you’re smart, which makes it impossible for the mixup to occur.

mister

Executive Member

acidrain

Expert Member
CCD is the worst when it comes to timing. I've had the same from them, having to keep my day open but to give them credit, first contact has always been to confirm delivery address.

acidrain

Expert Member
Sounds like you have difficulty expressing your wishes. When you order the card you have the option of choosing where they deliver to. It’s fine via the app if you’re smart, which makes it impossible for the mixup to occur.
This is a renewal not a new order. I can only assume FNB automatically uses the last used delivery method because for my last renewal, the only time I knew I was getting the card was when CCD called me to deliver.

Steve Irwin

I did not order the card, it was a 3 yearly renewal. I have no problem in expressing anything, they just do not listen or care.

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
I’ve never had the issue.

Also, explain the “Death Wish” aspect of this please?

EADC

Executive Member
This is a renewal not a new order. I can only assume FNB automatically uses the last used delivery method because for my last renewal, the only time I knew I was getting the card was when CCD called me to deliver.
I had had renewal cards delivered to three different addresses and once to the branch.

e4et

Expert Member
Same with my last 2 cards.
I expressly requested delivery to the branch.
Couriers called and asked when I will be available for delivery. fml. haha
Seems there's no communication between fnb and the couriers.

unwind

When I co signed on my moms FNB account and got her a new card I was told the card could either be delivered at no charge (which took about 2 weeks!) or I could collect it from the local branch and would have to pay for this!!!???
I sent FNB an email about it and heard nothing....

RandomGeek

You think FNB is bad? I had an experience with Standard Bank where they delivered my 2 cards (petrol and cc) ... to 2 dfferent branches...with both of these not being my branch, or even being in the same part of the province

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Move on over to Capitec or Tyme bank. They print the card there and then at the branch and you just walk out.

Steve Irwin

You think FNB is bad? I had an experience with Standard Bank where they delivered my 2 cards (petrol and cc) ... to 2 dfferent branches...with both of these not being my branch, or even being in the same part of the province
I left Standard Bank after 35 years, after they sent my card to wrong branch in a township, which I requested they reissue. Two weeks later when I was in Egypt on business they cancelled my entire account and reissued an entire new account and card. The first I knew was when the hotel reception cut my card in half. Not fun being in a foreign country with no cash and no card. So where to now?