FNB Client robbed of R330k online

mancombseepgood

Executive Member
Is it really that hard to activate the online banking profile with FNB? Wow!
I remember doing my standard bank thing over the wire - didn't have to chat to a consultant! And in those days, there was no such thing as cellphone confirmation for adding beneficiaries, etc.

BobbyMac

Expert Member
I wonder how many cases there are.

In related news:
In the City of Gold, plastic is king. That is because credit-card skimming is as rife as ever.

According to Ashley Hanscombe, an investigator for Nedbank American Express, this type of commercial crime is "just horrific at the moment", with areas that affluent people frequent, such as Fourways, Sandton and OR Tambo International Airport, the worst hit, with Fourways far in the lead.

In the space of two months, one restaurant (Al Fresco) had five Nedbank and six Absa cards skimmed. And, according to the investigator, the suspect - who is out on bail - was a Zimbabwean woman in her 20s.

"Although she has committed the crime, she herself is also the victim: the waitrons involved in this scheme are usually desperate Zimbabweans who have crossed the border to find work to feed their families. They are usually young and rather naive, and often find employment because they will work for peanuts just to feed their family, because it is better than nothing," the investigator said.
full story on http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=vn20070131001411654C991994

Syndyre

Honorary Master
They should go after the restaurant for employing illegals. Why is she out on bail if she's presumably here illegally?