FNB customers spent nearly R500 million on popular streaming services over the past 12 months

Nemoneiros

Expert Member

Unreal

I’m worried about FNB’s willingness to divulge such information about their customers.

Nithan15

Expert Member
When they gonna publish the number of users that subscribed to pronhub :)

krycor

Honorary Master
Personal information hard at work :thumbsup:
Machine learning and AI. Giving owners easy access to any info they need
I’m worried about FNB’s willingness to divulge such information about their customers.
So reporting aside.. I'd find it weird if they weren't evaluating their customer transaction data and then making offers to various entities based on this data. Think about it.. as a listed retailer you make Rxyz profit and Rabc sales.. very easy for a bank to hey, thats XY% of your sales volume so lets cut an acquiring or retail or settlement banking deal ;)

I wonder if monochoice will now claim they losing upto R500m over the last 12 months due t disruption hahaha ;)

Interesting. The high seas possibly taking a knock afterall.
Convenience is key. I use to have a ship which obtained and let go things from the high seas automatically(within a time period) but the use case for it has fallen away especially since if i cant find on a streaming service i subscribe to.. i just find a streaming version elsewhere (im lazy). But while there is a growing problem of network only media.. there are many services offering free rides on their ships negating the need to learn to sail or buy a boat.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I wonder if monochoice will now claim they losing upto R500m over the last 12 months due t disruption hahaha ;)
If nothing else, this should help them build a business case for a dedicated streaming subscription service. This is just one bank, so realistically it could be over R2bn per annum.

krycor

Honorary Master
If nothing else, this should help them build a business case for a dedicated streaming subscription service. This is just one bank, so realistically it could be over R2bn per annum.
I still can't believe they have not offered sport seasons, tournaments, events at a cost over showmax platform. At this point you have to wonder if they will be disrupted and then cry foul as monopoly opportunities like that rarely remain viable forever.
e.g.
Proteas Season Pass R xx
Cricket Test series + related media/analysis/recap.. R xx
Cricket One Day series + related .. R xx
Cricket T20 series + related .. R xx

etc Keep inmind money comes from advertising too which these have baked in and with cricket.. thats a lot of advertising/screen time.

Unreal

What information?
This is market related analytical data, there is nothing personally identifiable about this at all.
That’s how the Cambridge Analytica saga began - “This is market related analytical data, there is nothing personally identifiable about this at all”

MightyQuin

Honorary Master