FNB did not intend to blame and criticise

morkhans

A MyBroadband
Super Moderator
If the shoe fits wear it? Clearly someone must be feeling guilty if these comments spark such a response.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
All the while places like Sasolburg are full of rioters but the ANC would rather focus its energy at FNB. Richard Baloyi did not even bother to pitch for the meeting that he was supposed to attend.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
To hell with what the ANC thinks. I don't see why anyone should have to apologise for speaking their minds, whatever FNB's intentions may have been. So much for free speech.

ClintZA

Banned
Not sure why they are bothering to explain themselves. The intelligent amongst us already knew this. Those that should hear it would be unwilling to listen anyway.

Neo_X

Expert Member
absolute nonsense - i wish FNB can keep the ball rolling

yes - i know that the children is put in the crossfire ( which is bad ) - but the message they carry is the truth - nobody , not even the ANC can deny it .

you have a choice to watch and react on the video's - standing together against the corrupt goverment we are feeding is the only way - give the people a chance to speak, and see what is happening across the country - exposure

wish there were some legal savvy guys that would sit together with FNB to make sure that freedom of speech is upheld

Sinbad

Honorary Master
absolute nonsense - i wish FNB can keep the ball rolling

yes - i know that the children is put in the crossfire ( which is bad ) - but the message they carry is the truth - nobody , not even the ANC can deny it .

you have a choice to watch and react on the video's - standing together against the corrupt goverment we are feeding is the only way - give the people a chance to speak, and see what is happening across the country - exposure

wish there were some legal savvy guys that would sit together with FNB to make sure that freedom of speech is upheld
They aren't pulling the campaign though:

http://www.fin24.com/Companies/Financial-Services/FNB-We-wont-pull-our-youth-ads-20130122

grok

Honorary Master
“We undertook this exercise as we strongly believe that the children of South Africa have an important voice and are critical to the country’s future success. Every interview was unscripted and uncensored – they are very much ‘from the heart’ of each child speaking,” said FNB spokesperson Bernice Samuels.
Exactly, it wasn't FNB's opinion it was the children who spoke their minds about what they observe .. maybe that's what the ANC/YL fears so much.

I for one would like to see a follow-up including interviews with the children themselves. Lets hear the true stories from them.

OrbitalDawn

Ulysses Everett McGill
Exactly, it wasn't FNB's opinion it was the children who spoke their minds about what they observe .. maybe that's what the ANC/YL fears so much.

I for one would like to see a follow-up including interviews with the children themselves. Lets hear the true stories from them.
And what they think of the ANC's reaction...

Musicmp3

Funny - when I was watching it the message was we must all work together to make SA a better place. Seems the ANC have a guilty conscience. Where is free speech in a democratic society? Oh, I forgot we not one. Sorry.

Bern

Expert Member
I always knew FNB had no balls.
Hoe do you figure that? They actually ran the ads which took some serious guts, they knew there would be backlash. I commend them for having the balls to flight the ads in spite of the political backlash.

jikajoe1

the powers that be both in ANC and the government need to understand that ANC government is elected by the people of SA and by that are not immune to criticism.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Hoe do you figure that? They actually ran the ads which took some serious guts, they knew there would be backlash. I commend them for having the balls to flight the ads in spite of the political backlash.
You mean right before they took them down??? :D

sajunky

Honorary Master
It easy to talk about Africaaner's guilt, speak about your own. For now Hitlerjugend speaks...
If truth is pain in the ass, someone will pay.