FNB downtime cause unclear, investigation underway

LCBXX

Honorary Master
THAT IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!

Oh wait, I didn't need any of the services for the outage-window stipulated.

False alarm! Still love you, FNB!

ozziej

Oh boy. You should try some of the other banks. Standard banks websites are sad. I often get a Java Exception page thrown at me when I login to internet banking, it seems to be a couple of their servers that I hit when this happens. I have reported it a few times, didn't even get a "thank you for reporting this" response. Nothing. Deathly silence. I reported this issue about 6 months ago and they still have it.
Also, their website looks and behaves like their developers stopped learning anything about 10 years ago.
Its painful. Considering how good the iPhone app is, its amazing that its the same company.

pjjdp

Expert Member
THAT IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!

Oh wait, I didn't need any of the services for the outage-window stipulated.

False alarm! Still love you, FNB!
+1. Did not need any services during the outage.

Brakanjan

Lol - he changed his mind. Got a call from Steve :D

Nope, I removed it because in a moment of anger I vented out against my bank, sorry fellow forumites. I have been in IT for quite a few years now, I now these things tend to happen. It is just frustrating trying to pay for something and you have the cash but you can't because there is no backup system and you are left standing with a red face. Even if it is major changes in the environment, you should always have a risk analysis and a complete backup solution ready to go online.

But they still remain the better of all the local banks.

Roadrunner

Expert Member
This guy should be in politics. That is an excellent way to put a positive spin on it.

" We experienced problems whilst doing routine proactive maintenance to our IT infrastructure,” explained FNB CIO, Raj Makanjee."

terencevs

I still say you dont see many companies updating their twitter at 22h00 odd never mind the CEO giving you updates. FNB is heading in the right direction so I am sticking with them....

Boris Becker

Expert Member
Internet Banking and app downtime is understandable but atm and pos speedpoint's being down is utter crap.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
This guy should be in politics. That is an excellent way to put a positive spin on it.

" We experienced problems whilst doing routine proactive maintenance to our IT infrastructure,” explained FNB CIO, Raj Makanjee."
It was proactive maintenance.

Borrels

I still say you dont see many companies updating their twitter at 22h00 odd never mind the CEO giving you updates. FNB is heading in the right direction so I am sticking with them....
Agree, but FNB really needs to work on its availability as this is not the first time it has happened. Innovation is useless without stability.

Dolby

Honorary Master
Is it down again?

All my balances reflect R0.00 ...