FNB downtime still under investigation

kwaggawerner

Yeah, well, whether the your fault is your's or not, what happened to offsite "emergency" solutions? - FNB, it's called distributed or cloud computing, Google it.

You're the reason, I have another card from another bank in my wallet. We all love to hate the other four big banks, but ya know, they don't fail as much as you.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Yeah, well, whether the your fault is your's or not, what happened to offsite "emergency" solutions? - FNB, it's called distributed or cloud computing, Google it.

You're the reason, I have another card from another bank in my wallet. We all love to hate the other four big banks, but ya know, they don't fail as much as you.
Lol you obviously know nothing about banking systems. If I heard my bank stored my data in some cloud somewhere I would change banks.

There IS an offsite emergency system. The bank has been running on this since the transformers melted at the main dc.

entrepr

Expert Member
Steve, from 'bleep' bank must be having a field day with customers seeking better uptime

Prof.Merlin

Expert Member

I started with nedbank when i was a little kid. my dad opened an account, had it for a long time. My grandfather deposited money into the account and 2 months later when i wanted to draw it, the ATM sucked my card in and said its closed. Nobody knew what happened.

I then opened an account with ABSA, I asked the lady for a kiddies account. I deposited my money into the account and discovered they opened the wrong account and all my money was taken for account fees until the account was closed.

I got a credit card with standard bank, they lost my FICA documents twice and on both occasions, froze my account for a week until they had a new copy of the FICA documents.

FNB, well I have been with them since I was 16. Except for the downtime in March, I have never had a problem with them.