FNB ebucks spam smses | What made you change banks?

sandwitch

Is anyone else getting constant FNB smses for ebucks and what you can buy at Shoprite and Checkers with them?

I've opted out of advertising several times. And several times they've taken the initiative and reinstated my preferences on my behalf and then informed me I'd done it. I've phoned (don't phone the eBucks department because they can't help), I've gone in, I've chatted on the app. Each time I've been told it's fixed but it's clearly not.
This isn't inspiring confidence in the integration and data security across the company. Especially because I was called to fica my account this month - did it last year too - but my details were from about 9-10 years ago.

What took you to change your banks?

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
1635240686324.png
This for every second forex transaction is close to driving me there.
Moved to using desktop since can wait two minutes and hit accept again, on phone it means you need to redo the entire thing from scratch, and on phone you need to fill in the address every single time and not have a search for what the forex classification is.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
FNB eBucks spam. To opt out of it you have to opt out of eBucks or it was the case in 2013. I opened a Capitec account and moved over and apart from one spam email (they won an award or somesuch and wanted to celebrate so not really spam) in 2014 haven't been getting any since. Tymebank also has minimal spam which is great.

Removed Truecaller since I hardly get any spam. Not going to install it again for a bank thanks.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Is anyone else getting constant FNB smses for ebucks and what you can buy at Shoprite and Checkers with them?

I've opted out of advertising several times. And several times they've taken the initiative and reinstated my preferences on my behalf and then informed me I'd done it. I've phoned (don't phone the eBucks department because they can't help), I've gone in, I've chatted on the app. Each time I've been told it's fixed but it's clearly not.
This isn't inspiring confidence in the integration and data security across the company. Especially because I was called to fica my account this month - did it last year too - but my details were from about 9-10 years ago.

What took you to change your banks?
I haven't gotten 1. I haven't changed any settings. Strange

rterblanche

FNB gave me prime plus 2% for my home loans ( yes multiple ) but ABSA offered prime minus 2.75% and my private banker was useless. Asked him why FNB was giving me such bad rates with a 94 credit score and all he said it is like it is.

sandwitch

I'm still getting them. The teller told me I'm not getting them because all my permissions are disabled. My phone and I disagree but the teller is insistent it's impossible.