FNB eBucks Weekly Deals 2019

APoc184

Honorary Master
yep it was me....still can't decide if i should get it or not.
I have the amazinfit pace....and happy with it, but struggling to get it to work with discovery.
Still wanted to reply and say thanks and that the deal was completely taken off by the time I could go and have a look again.
But by that time the thread was so far along and people were bickering about the Capitec vs FNB thing non-stop. So I just left it.

Thanks now!

I am only getting it because my Vivoactive HR has taken some punishment over the past few years and seems my HR Monitor is going a bit haywire while tracking workouts nowadays.

Also because it looks so much better than the original Vivoactive. I always liken the looks of it to a home arrest collar/bracelet.

Last edited:

Ghost29

Sigh, I don't have enough eBucks but I so badly want to make an irresponsible choice and buy that PS4, household budget be damned. However, as a PC gamer, it seems quite expensive to game on console. I would love to have access to the exclusives but I don't know if I could bring myself to pay so much for games. Anyone have an idea of what the running costs are for a PS4 gamer?

I'm probably not going to do it anyway. My monthly eBucks earn almost wholly goes towards buying R1500 in Dischem vouchers to pay for my wife's medication. I have no idea how others seem to earn so much more eBucks when I am on PC and I am hitting most of the caps. Like how do you even amass enough to buy 11 Playstations?Maybe they just spend a shitload more than me and the 0.4% adds up for them.

Last edited:

ele33

Sigh, I don't have enough eBucks but I so badly want to make an irresponsible choice and buy that PS4, household budget be damned. However, as a PC gamer, it seems quite expensive to game on console. I would love to have access to the exclusives but I don't know if I could bring myself to pay so much for games. Anyone have an idea of what the running costs are for a PS4 gamer?

I'm probably not going to do it anyway. My monthly eBucks earn almost wholly goes towards buying R1500 in Dischem vouchers to pay for my wife's medication. I have no idea how others seem to earn so much more eBucks when I am on PC and I am hitting most of the caps. Like how do you even amass enough to buy 11 Playstations?Maybe they just spend a shitload more than me and the 0.4% adds up for them.
Not really for this thread, but why dont you get the spousal option since you're hitting most of your caps.

eehellfire

Executive Member
Just bought the Sealy double bed - it's a seriously good deal

(and it was free delivery)

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
The iPhone is very tempting. Not too keen on 64gb though and have to wonder whether the XS will be on 40% soon. Someone persuade me that I need to wait!

writing_me

Can anyone tell me how often the Redmi Note 7 appears on eBucks deals? Regret not jumping on it last week!

writing_me

Same. Keen to get a hold of one of these
My partner told me to jump on it. At the time I thought my Mi A1's screen was cracked, but turns out it's the digitiser, which isn't worth hassle of repairs.

Let's keep an eye out! I'll PM you if I see it listed?

writing_me

On a side note, I really don't get why SA hasn't jumped on the Chromebook bandwagon yet.

I've had one now for 2 years and works exceptionally well. Got it for a steal on Gumtree (SA visitor in America didn't realise she bought a Chromebook and didn't understand the OS).

My current CB is 11.6 inches, and it's just too small. Would have loved an eBucks Chromebook of minimum 14".

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The iPhone is very tempting. Not too keen on 64gb though and have to wonder whether the XS will be on 40% soon. Someone persuade me that I need to wait!
If you use any manner of cloud or streaming services then 64GB is really all you need.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
On a side note, I really don't get why SA hasn't jumped on the Chromebook bandwagon yet.

I've had one now for 2 years and works exceptionally well. Got it for a steal on Gumtree (SA visitor in America didn't realise she bought a Chromebook and didn't understand the OS).

My current CB is 11.6 inches, and it's just too small. Would have loved an eBucks Chromebook of minimum 14".
Small market and not worth the hassle.

I’m very happy to see more and more Xiaomi locally though.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Isn't the small market due to lack of marketing?

It's transformed eduation in the States.
The market is small because only like 2% of it can buy the products and there are other players already in the game.

So while there are buyers it’s probably not worth the hassle to setup the support structures and what not to do it properly and support warranties and distribution etc.

These things go much deeper than simply importing a few hundred of the things and selling them. There is warehousing, digital support, support staff, repair centres etc to be managed.

I would also argue that in the US Apple has gotten as much of a grip on Education and they already have inroads here as well as do Microsoft.

K3NS31

Expert Member

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm a bit out of the hardware / reseller game to really judge anymore though. I do know of one very good school in Cape Town that uses them extensively - wonder where they got them.

Would love to get my hands on one as well. Even my home PC barely gets used for much besides cloud-based work and web-browsing. A portable device definitely doesn't need much power these days.

The market is small because only like 2% of it can buy the products and there are other players already in the game.

So while there are buyers it’s probably not worth the hassle to setup the support structures and what not to do it properly and support warranties and distribution etc.

These things go much deeper than simply importing a few hundred of the things and selling them. There is warehousing, digital support, support staff, repair centres etc to be managed.

I would also argue that in the US Apple has gotten as much of a grip on Education and they already have inroads here as well as do Microsoft.
I don't think that's the case. The articles I've been reading over the past 12 - 18 months seem to indicate that Chromebooks have taken over education in America. At least in public schools, where price is a big factor.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
I've been wondering the same thing. I'm a bit out of the hardware / reseller game to really judge anymore though. I do know of one very good school in Cape Town that uses them extensively - wonder where they got them.

Would love to get my hands on one as well. Even my home PC barely gets used for much besides cloud-based work and web-browsing. A portable device definitely doesn't need much power these days.

I don't think that's the case. The articles I've been reading over the past 12 - 18 months seem to indicate that Chromebooks have taken over education in America. At least in public schools, where price is a big factor.
Amazon Aramex Global Shopper is your friend.

Or install it on some hardware you already have.

Last edited: